Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 ford f-550 6.0 runs rough and more!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  1290pine 
#1 ·
Guyes this ones got me stumped!! Ok truck got towed in,,rust in tank clogged fuel filters. RR fuel tank with a plastic one,cleaned fuel pump,flushed lines,changed fuel filters and started truck. Runs fair but has a stumble while taking off. Treated fuel and oil with Hot Shots secret stiction eliminater, changed oil and filt,{i did finde small metel on drain plug,,cut open filter and found more,,no alot but definatly metal,,ford put an engine in this truck. ran truck for two days,,never really came out of stumble but after sitting all day all of a sudden No start?? Left over night,,jumped and started right up, headed back to shop and stumbled and stalled and that was it. Towed into shop,,charged batteries and started?? Ran cotribution test and cut out test,#1 did zero totaly dead,,#4 week. RR #1 and truck cold seemed to run smooth with no shake at all--got a little heat and started stumbling during acceleration. Starts runs but not right. I havent put #4 in just yet. I cant bust icpr loose to check screen its locked solid! What do you guyes think?? The darn ficm,?,,,ime not sure but this ones crazy. Please call 508-669-5093 eastern time 8-5 i really need some help on this one! cell 774-406-7289 Richie Forum graders please overlook my spelling!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.