No start 2004 F250 and fuel filter issues!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start 2004 F250 and fuel filter issues!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I drive my 04 F250 125k to work last night no issues. Get truck started this morning and driving when wont shift outta first and just dies. I did put biodiesel in it this week so I changed both fuel filters and both batteries since voltage had me wondering as it was reading 11.6 while cranking. Checked oil and topped off. Truck still won't start. Also, topped off last 1/4 tank with regular diesel. Fuel looks fine from what ends up in the bowl. Changed filters because they were gummed up. I need my truck for snow work and my employee is getting all the hours this weekend.
Also, hooked up obd scanner and no codes. Also pulled ipr on valve cover and still no start.
Ficm was reading 48, also reinstalled filters like four times each, that lower one is a bi***. I also tried filling top filter since it wont fill. As soon as I turn on the key I get a crazy gurgling sound and air bubbles in the bowl. Anyone have any ideas? At this point I am at a loss as to what next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: No start 2004 F250 and fuel filter issues!!!

Sounds like your fuel pump died unless there is a pickup problem in the tank. How cold is it and what concentration of bio did you get? You said filters were gelled, like congealed fuel? What is the base stock of the bio that you got?

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

Its about 30 here although the guy I got the fuel from said he has run it as low as 20 and is running it in his truck right now with no issues. best way to describe the filters would be like old cold cooking oil. Only the bottom filter was really clogged. Even now the filters are not clogged at all considering I have pulled them like four times. I am leaning towards the pump or pickup line being clogged. I tried banging on the tank also.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

B100 but had about a quarter tank of diesel already. truck ran great to work which has me stumped. I also have run Bio before with no real issues. also drained hfcm
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Premium Member

I'm no expert but it sounds to me like b100 and 30 degrees don't mix. Do you know what truck/engine the guy running it down to 20 degrees has? I would imagine that your injectors look about like your filters did. Once again I'm no expert but I'll just about bet that a couple of the kerosene jet heater deals, one blowing under the front of the truck to warm the engine and one to warm the tank and lines may get it going, once the fuel liquifies again.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

guy has a duramax, Im hoping once they get it in the shop and it warms up maybe thatll get it going. Im probably gonna have them drain the tank while theyre at it. Ill save the bio for over 50 now
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

If you can get it in a heated shop and plug the block heater up she may light off after a few hours.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

thats what im hoping, it has been starting rough in the morning but it has been cold. was fine in the summer. im thinking fuel first and have them put motorcraft filters in.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

she Runs. Conclusion was a torpedo heater pointed at the tank for four hours and several quick sprays of starting fluid were needed to get it going. Running the truck all night without shutting off because I need it for a salt run tonight. Definitely not running biodiesel again anytime soon!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Premium Member

Glad she's running again. It def sounds like this guys biofuel needs to be labeled "for summer use only".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.