Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fried pcm on 02 7.3??? need help

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  magikalshots 
#1 ·
So today I went to start my truck and with it being 20 degrees out she hates life starting unless its plugged in... anyways I kept cranking till my batts don't wanna crank it no more...

Now I have a super chips micro max tuner with the high perf tune on
And I have a edge evo I bought off eBay that's vin locked (won't refund me, and I know shouldn't have bought it) that I use for gauges... anyway when my batts died it started retiring to stock and it said unlocking and pcm went through the stages... now I can change the tunes wit the edge but my super chips now tells me its not the original truck.... anyway to fix this or do I need to get a new pcm and programmers? and my truck wont start :(

Thanks could use help asap

#4 · (Edited)
You have an IDM issue, either power to it (fuse-relay-connection) the IDM has failed, or a connection to the injectors themselves (UVCH connectors).

I would start with a Buzz Test and see what the IDM resolves from that, you would get some new codes after the test. I don't know if the Edge will do that for you, or you may need a professional diagnostic scanner (Ford, Snap-On, AutoEnginuity etc.)

Edit: none of your Gauges work? On an '02 have a look at this connector first -> http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...sion-if-your-truck-like-mine.html#post1343921

Maybe this too -> https://b7445ba3-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites...JeNoHig2XlB24AUPvYDwYDViSt5_H2&attredirects=0

#5 ·
Hmm.. it almost seems as if its trying to double tune the pcm.. cyz like I said the super chips was on highperf when the edge tweaked and made itself return to stock and now I can't use my super chips anymore cuz it says my truck isn't the original.. or the Vin lock process swapped between the super chips and edge some how..

Right now with the edge on a tune it runs fine just none of my gauges work. Cept engine temp and oil pressure and fuel

And my glow plug light stays on and the check engine light stays on even if I clear the dtcs

#7 ·
yeah the PCM is confused, i returned the edge to stock and still nothing removed it from the obdII plug and everything... but now on stock i give it gas it blows blue smoke and acts like the ebpv is shut all the time there is no turbo at all on stock... on edge tune #3 it runs fine. just with no gauges

im starting to think when the edge bugged out it flashed the other trucks stuff on so i cant use my superchips anymore..

if i cant fix this somehow im just gunna get a new pcm and buy a dam chip.. ive had enough of programmers lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.