7.3 wont crank, + other issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:34 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3 wont crank, + other issues

i have a 2001 7.3 that has had issues lately with cutting out while driving, more and more frequently. I'm assuming this is the cps, as many people have told me, just havent gotten around to replacing. it sort of acts like the fuel filter as well, i had another that acted the same way, and that was the problem. just had it in for service and it (the filter) was supposed to be replaced, but who knows, looks pretty dirty.

anyway, i intended to replace both today and head out of town, but, now the engine wont even crank. full battery power, ran fine yesterday. all electical stuff works, just wont crank. i hear a clicking under the dash ( i assume in the fuse panel) that i have never noticed before, but that may just be because normally the engine cranking would mask the sound.

is there a starter relay or something in there that may have gone bad? or maybe the starter itself?

any ideas? fortunately i have other means to get out of town, but this is a work truck so i need to get it going ASAP

thanks in advance. Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 04:00 PM

Mike if the cps went totally out it will turn over and not start, that has happened to me before mine started quiting ever now and then and all of a sudden it would not start one day.

Stephen
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 AM

i'm not worried about the cps

the big issue at hand now is that it won't crank at all...when you turn the key, you get nothing. batteries are fully charged, glow plugs run, everything else, just no crank.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 AM

thanks

problem solved. thanks so much everyone for the wealth of information. I'll be sure and send all my friends here when they have an emergency they need ignored.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandmary View Post
problem solved. thanks so much everyone for the wealth of information. I'll be sure and send all my friends here when they have an emergency they need ignored.
I am sorry your issue wasn't addressed in a more proficient manner. I am sure if you have read thru many of the posts or done any searches you would see the how the folks here are very quick to respond and give opinions / directions to resolve problems that all of us have encountered.

Thousands of comments / problems are posted here at any given time and I personally am impressed with the responses the members provide. Stick around for awhile and I think you'll find more help than you would ever imagine. Can't tell you why your post didn't get more attention.

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.