Engine guits like it is running out of fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine guits like it is running out of fuel

Left Northern Michigan this AM with my 06 F-350 6.0 Diesel Super duty pulling 37' Fifth Wheel. Three times it started missing and running rougher and rougher until it guit. I thought it was filters plugging but after it sat a few minutes it would start but not easily. It would run fine 70 to 100 miles then it would guit again. I have a six gun tuner on it with a PDA. The PDA is throwing a #2 and #8 injector code. Does this sound like a injector problem and is there a easy fix like dump some injector cleaner in the fuel. Need to get to Mobile Al. tomorrow so any help would me appreciated.

fraser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Jon

ok

Did you clear codes each time you would get it running and drive till it quit? I'm wondering if it is throwing the same cyls each time. If its a fuel related issue it usually wont throw a code but if they do it sometimes jumps from one cyl to the next.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Jon,

Not sure if I cleared code each time and yes it once said cly 2. What would the fuel related problem be ?

John
Old 11-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Jon

Well

how many miles and whens the last time you changed fuel filters? What work has ever been done to it?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

53,000 thousand, they were changed last March. No work has been done. You think it could be filters ? even though it will run for up to 100 miles between stops.

fraser
Old 11-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Jon

Well

fuel filters need to be changed no more then every 20,000 miles for sure. I have had a fuel pump act like that when it was going out. Dont rule out a high pressure oil leak either. I have seen the quick connect on the back of the pump act like that to. Even so far as to only on left turns!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Jon,Thanks for your insight, I am going to try to get it to Mobile tomorrow. I am in a RV park about two hours North of Nashville. Wish me luck. If I make it it will be at a Ford dealer Monday morning. Wonder what they will say about that Six Gun.

John
Old 11-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Jon

ok

Well youve made it a good ways. If they say anything about the 6gun leave. Find a different dealer. We dont say anthing at ours so they never know.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did you solve your problem?

I have an 06' F-350 w/6.0L Diesel that has clogged the fuel filter up with rust and wiped out multiple injectors. The trusk is only 1.5 yrs old and has 19K miles, how does this happen? Where does the rust come from?

The dealer says it is not warranty because it is contaminated fuel, but to think that much rust came from the fuel station everyone would be having the same promblems that fill up there.

The truck does have an auxilary 100 gal aluminum tank in the bed too. Locking gas caps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.