No power above 2k help??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No power above 2k help???

I can't figure out whats going on with my 2003 6.0! It starts up fine, even in the cold (30*) and feels like it runs pretty normal until about 2000 rpm or maybe 40mph. At WOT even in 1st gear it wont make enough power to shift. If I get out of the gas pedal about half way it feels like it picks up a little more power. on the highway its all it can do to run 60mph. After a couple miles it will finally get to 70mph but there isn't enough power to sustain it! In my head it seemed to simply be fuel filters! It was about the right time to do them anyway so I changed them on the ground in the drizzling rain but that didn't fix anything! I also checked what I think is the EBP sensor and it looked perfectly clean.
Now for a little background. Its a 2003 6.0 with approx. 176xxx miles. I changed my oil last week and it ran fine until yesterday. At some point between now and then I also added a bottle of diesel Kleen fuel treatment. I replaced the ICP sensor and plug about 7000 miles ago and replaced the FICM about 15k ago. Does anyone have any idea??? could it be injectors? turbo? I can still hear the turbo spinning if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 AM

also there is no smoke white, black, blue or otherwise on start up or even at WOT
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

Is this only when the truck is "cold"? What about after it gets to normal operating temperature?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 AM

I just ran outside to plug in my OBDII scanner to see if anything it could see looked out of place but it was all normal (obviously it doesn't tell much on a diesel). I did however notice it does a funny surge kind of thing right when it fires up, but immediately goes to normal idle. It runs this bad whether its cold or has been idling for 15 minutes to warm up. I also forgot to mention, a couple days ago I got in my truck and noticed that all the electronics (overhead comp and trip odometer) had reset themselves, but the batteries hadn't died or even gone down...
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Premium Member

I'm not too much help with 6.0's.

Free bump.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM

I understand. Between the men in my family and my mom, we have 6 7.3 PSDs then I went and, being the black sheep I am, grabbed up a "too good to be true 6.0" about 2 years ago. 7.3s sure were good trucks
Old 01-04-2013, 12:26 PM

Well I've been doing whatever I can think of trying to think of what could be wrong. I pulled the EGR valve and cleaned it up, it seemed alright except the O rings looked a little chewed up. Then I pulled the EBP sensor and tube. I cleaned both of them up and put everything back together but nothing changed... Anyone have any other ideas? or better yet is there anyone on here in the Bryan/College Station area that has an auto ingenuity or something... I'm kind of to the point where I cant do much more without some diagnostics...
*** I just picked up a scangauge II so hopefully this can help me track down the issue. If anyone has any experience with this let me know so ill know what parameters to look for!

Last edited by BradyYoung; 01-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.