Help please...expert advise needed. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Help please...expert advise needed.

I have an 05 6.0 and I put in some 155cc Casserly injectors yesterday. I drove about 100 miles and everything was runnin perfectly. Better than when it was new even. I stopped to fill up with diesel and started back down the road. After a mile or so the truck died on me. I checked the codes and got a whole bunch of different ones. Will list below. I cleared them and rechecked them and different ones popped up. Now it says there are no codes. It will start and idle for a few seconds. But when it does run it blows a lot of white smoke. I'm on the side of the road and am afraid of the answer to my problem.

First codes
P0266
P0275
P0284
P2291

Second set of codes
P0263
P0275

Any advise or words of wisdom will be much appreciated.

Thanks
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

have you checked FICM health ?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The voltage is good. It's a relatively new FICM. I checked all the plugs and wires I could on a hot engine. Everything seems to be plugged in.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:16 AM

I'm having the EXACT same issue. I just did all 8 injectors and had the FICM rebuilt 700 miles ago. Mine was towed to the shop and they say that it starts ok then 2 of the injectors drop in pressure then 3 more injectors drop in pressure and then the truck stalls within a very short period. When the truck does start it pours grey smoke out the exhaust. It has been in the shop 2 weeks and they don't want to blame the injectors b/c it is starting on all ok then dropping. They believe it is something electronic like the FICM. The shop had FICMs in stock so they swapped a new FICM in and it didn't do anything different. I'm afraid its the injectors but I did them myself so I'll have to tow it home and pull them all out outside in the freezing cold so I've been putting it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.