Lost on No start issue!! really need it running by tonight - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Lost on No start issue!! really need it running by tonight

2003 F250 6.0L Build Date 06/03

Dummies At A Ford Body Shop ran my oil line from the bullet proof oil filter wrong in two places one hose rubbing my condenser till i leaked all freon out..... and the other was rubbing up against my ABS Module Plug and was shorting out Unknown at this time.....but long story short after a lil walk back to the Rig i work on and dragging the truck back with the Forklift in the Rain.... i replace my passenger side Hub Bearing, Stub Shaft, Rotor, Brake Calliper and Pads ABS light still wont shut off....Truck would only Run up to 2V ICP and 1.70 on IPW assuming in a limp mode with the ABS Light on so did some searching and i found the short fixed the wires, replaced the fuses .....replaced driver side injector orings for one thought that might be the cause of the lug i was having and two i wanted to see if i could do it myself apparently, so now im stuck with a no start Issue and here is what i have .........

o and AC Compressor clutch spins freely by hand not sure if it burnt out with no freon ?! if it was locked up and lugging the engine down could i spin the clutch by hand?

Fuel Pressure.....Good

Fuel Level.........Good

Battery Voltage..Good

RPM..................Good (160-180)

ICP Duty Cyle....Good (.85) that should be around 550 PSI right?

IPR..................No Clue
(Friends AE software said 4000 psi HPO?!?) Assuming that means no HPO Leak

Fuel Pressure.....Good

FICM Voltage..... 40V (Repaired 48.5V)
( Read a Post on here for a DIY FICM Repair and ill be D*mned if i didnt Fix it !!!) Reading 48.5V on Fluke meter from Under the Plate on FICM Last screw to battery Ground

Oil Level............Good

FICM or PCM not sure does communicate with injectors shows all 8.....i can hear them on buzz test too

DTC's are on OBD test not complete and intake air temperature circuit high

Showed a crankshaft and camshaft sensor code last night but data log showed RPMs with i thought was from the crankshaft sensor!? Decided not to changed the crankshaft sensor...didnt want to remove AC compressor.

Changed Camshaft sensor and still a no start

Last edited by charliegraham06; 11-19-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CrazyDiesel~
You will get Cam and crank sensor codes when you crank for an extended period of time without the engine actually running. How long have you cranked it? If it was running before the O-rings and if all 8 injectors buzz and IPR at 85% duty cycle... I question whether or not you have cranked it long enough to pressurize the air in the oil rails or whether or not you rolled or cut an o-ring, or if the quick connect on the oil rail didn't seat and it's blowing oil there. (What is with all the HPO issues tonight?)

Have you tried ether? It's entirely possible to run one of these off ether, you just have to sneak up on it and make sure the GPs are off. Give it little sniffs increasing in intensity until it begins to come off the starter and then give it more.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Man I've been turning on it for two days.... Fixed any wires that looked chaffed Ipr plug had shorted out... Top of plug slightly melted together fixed that....the ipr wires shorting together cause any kind of damage to the PCM? On Data log im showing .85V ICP which should be cranking pressure right? .85v is around 500-525 psi? I'm gonna tear into injectors again....... Just noticed Fuel Level has dropped from this morning....hasn't locked up,smoked ....possibly fuel passing orings into cylinder? Fuel pressure drops off rather quickly when leaving key on and not cranking .... Oil level hasn't changed so don't think fuels going In the oil. I appreciate the reply!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Did you remember to hook up your exhaust back pressure sensor when you put it back together? Also on the AE check to see if your getting ficm sync. Is ther any smoke at all exiting the tailpipe while cranking the engine? Pull the icp pigtail off and see if it starts. (<-- I'd try this first. Also make sure that the pigtail isn't soaked in oil. Being that this truck is an 03 I'd suspect faulty icp sensor and/or pigtail first.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Left EBP hooked up and ya I've check the ICP pigtail since I also repaired the IPR plug....ICP shows .2V at KOEO and .85 when cranking..... Hardly even visible white smoke more like fumes than anything .... Running back through injectors now checking orings all look good
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thumbs up

It 4am went back through injectors, Found an old ICP I was assuming was going Bad when I changed it... Swap them out, wich is a lot easier with the valve cover off! And ill be Damned if it didn't Start Right up! And sounded Great! Could have been the ICP (Most likely) not sure though! I appreciate the Help Guys!!! At first i wasn't sure if I'd ever get a reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0l problems, information, no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.