dont know whats wrong - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dont know whats wrong

i have a 05 F-350 with a stage two turbo 6in exhaust intake and a banks 6 gun tuner with iq i keep the tuner in econo mode always the other day i was driving and had no power whats so ever i had to crawl out of traffic to a side rd tried turning the truck off and restarting to see if it would fix the problem it turns over fine but wont start i tried disconnecting the batteries for around 30 min to see if that would correct the problem and still turns over fine and wont start i can check with codes with the tuners cause i get a fault cause the truck is not running i do not have a lot of money planning to check all the fuses tomorrow any other ideas would be greatly appreciated?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd monitor ICP while cranking, FICM key on engine off and while cranking, and fuel pressure if those two are good.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not having a monitor in the truck is your first problem. That said sounds like you have a HPO leak. Just a guess is all I can give you at this point without any real solid information to stand on. You need a monitor or something that can do live data readouts while your trying to start the truck. Also get rid of that banks tuner and get an SCT when you get the extra money after you get it running.

Try unplugging the ICP sensor pigtail and try starting it again. If it starts your ICP sensor is bad, if it doesn't start and your not getting any kind of smoke or fuel smell from the exhaust than your not getting HPO meaning you have a leak. Then you will have to air leak test the HPO system to determine where the leak is coming from. My bet is the STC fitting is leaking.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have the IQ monitor but alot of what you are all saying is spanish to me i am new to owning a diesel. and my truck has never blown any smoke at all
Old 09-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Smoke when you turn the key and it won't start. If your getting smoke than you don't have a HPO (high pressure oil) leak. HPO fires the injectors and without enough the FICM (fuel injector control module) won't allow them to fire. You need 500 psi of HPO before it will let the injectors fire fuel into the cylinders. If you are meeting that requirement while cranking the engine over than you will see some smoke exiting the exhaust. If you don't see it and don't smell diesel exhaust or fuel exiting the tail pipe you probably have a HPO leak.

The ICP is the Injector Control Pressure sensor on the passenger side valve cover at the front. It's sticking up through the valve cover with a wiring harness connected to it. Unplug that and try starting it again. If it starts your ICP sensor is bad.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i will try checking the ICP sensor in the morning like i said before my truck has never blown any smoke since i have owned it
Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 PM

It will just barely when cranking. Or you will smell burnt diesel coming out the pipe. He's doesn't mean billowing smoke.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so i pulled the icp sensor and the truck still wont start i also unconnected the banks and connected the computer back up stock with no success
Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Did you remove the ICP sensor or just unplug it?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM

any more history on the time line around the no power ? fuel ? etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.