Some upgrades finished was supposed to leave town - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some upgrades finished was supposed to leave town

I was supposed to be gone 2 days ago, but need my truck to do it. Here is a quick run down of work done and current problems afterwards. Like to make the last few days of my trip and be able to get working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well shes back together, and I have problems. I may have overlooked something or another. APR studs installed, factory head gaskets, oil cooler rebuilt, IPR rebuilt, Bulletproof EGR cooler installed, new EGR valve, blue spring kit installed, SCT fitting upgraded. Going to go back through the harness and check connections. Took quite a while to get her fired back up, when it did, idle was REAL rough. Let it run for about fifteen minutes, and ran it around the neighborhood. Smoking like a ***** (black smoke), non responsive to throttle, boost only went up to about 6 lbs. At idle in park, revs to about 3K and then shuts down and drops back to idle with foot still in it. Smoked out the neighborhood and limped it back home. I missed something, any advice where to look?

ETA: Dash gives me a code at odometer to check air intake? But not all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
Did you check your codes? I'm not trying to question maintance. Black smoke? Sounds like you are burning to rich. Is it white at all? Does it smell like diesel? Did you torque your injector to spec?
I just got mine back together from injector o rings being blown. If I took the time to torque the injectors I would not have to go back into it.
If you smell diesel you probably have something a miss with your injector. Pull your codes, surely you have some kind of code.
Could be egr valve? Try disconnecting the egr valve. It could be stuck.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 PM

All new injectors from Warrens torqued to 31ft/lbs per their spec. New egr valve installed this morning. I'll post up what codes I can pull off my CST, that's all I have available right now.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:28 PM

Codes pulled from CTS are:
P0263 Cylinder 1 Contribution/Balance
P1000 On board diagnostics OBD System reading test not complete
P2284 ICP Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

I am blowing both white smoke and black as well, my turbo boost has only gone as high as 6 psi
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 AM

FICM voltage never dropped below 47.5 from on/cranking/running. ICP was at 1.8 at rough idle, and 4.3 at 2500 rpm. Got my CTS plugged in, and crap am I happy! being able to test the FICM and ICP without pulling anything was great!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 AM

Alright performed the compression bubble test again. No bubbles but, after reinstalling the cap on the fuel filter a lot changed, idle is still rough but NOTHING as bad as it was, I think I did not have the cap tight and sealed before. Still giving me cylinder #1 contribution and ICP sensor codes. Took it down the road and smoked like a ***** and lost power under load. So I guess I am pulling cylinder 1 injector, or should I replace the ICP sensor first?
Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
P0263 is an injector issue. I would pull the #1 injector and inspect o rings and if that is good check your push rods on the #1 cycl. Something is a miss in the #1 cycl.
P1000 is probably because you checked codes while cranking, that should clear.
P2284 that was probably from cranking with low oil pressure, you have to build up 500 on your icp in order to start. mine through the same code. I would try to clear the code. That is my opinion.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:42 PM

Pulled the injector, orings look good, no nicks, tears, etc. Was torqued in, but the tip of the injector was black and crusty? I had cleared the codes after it started and ran for a bit and continues to throw those same three codes.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

p1000 is from the battery disconnect

Hope you get it dialed in soon I know it can be frustrating
Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Thanks ZMANN, haven't lost it yet, just anxious to get it back on the road. What would be amiss with the pushrods BlueDemon, just not quite sure what to look for on that one? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.