Help! smoke everywhere! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! smoke everywhere!

First of all thanks in advance, i am new to this form but appreciate all your help.

now for the problem, i bought a 1997 f350 dually crew cab 2wd. when i first bought it i have been chasing a "misfire" problem since i got it. when in neutral at idle it has a noticable miss and when you rev it in neutral you can still fell it all the way to 3k rpm. i called a local diesel shop and told them my problem and they said the injectors never totally quit, they can clog up and get sluggish but never shut down. They then told me it had to be a connection problem. so i replaced the undercover harnesses (under the valve cover) the whole thing gasket and the inside pigtails. it ran the same. so with the kit i recived the pigtails for the harness i could soder on to the outside part and thats where i am today. i sodered them on and renstalled the harness on the truck and now it wont fire and when i crank it over smoke poores out the exaust and engine bay. now there is one thing i should mention, the glow plug relay was destroyed when i removed the harness. the studs broke off and is no longer usable. i just taped up the 4 ends that connect to the glow plug and tryed to start it(they are not touching) untill the relay comes in the mail. its about 75 outside so i dont really need glow plugs anyways right? i apreciate your help and dont be afraid to say i made a rookie move. had about 20 cars and worked on them all myself but this is my first diesel.

thanks again
Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.