Pump problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dgramenz Send a message via MSN to dgramenz
Pump problems

Well, the other day I was sitting at a stop light and the tone of my engine changed. It was more like the OBS trucks. Got on interstate and had a bad vibration on acceleration. Limped to the next exit at 50 mph. Even in neutral and at an idle, it shook and sounded like it was missing a little. Had a slight knock on the top right side, too. I assumed I had lost a cylinder, probably an injector. Called the dealer and they said to drain the water and if that didn't help, change the filter. Did both and it didn't help. The knocking went away, but it came back after a minute and then the whole engine started knocking REALLY bad and trying to die, so I shut it off fast. It still had oil pressure, but I assumed pushrod trouble or bent rods because of the severe knocking. Had it towed and found out today it was just a bad fuel pump. I asked about damage to the injectors since I had read on here that low pressure ruins these injectors and the lady on the phone said she had asked the techs and they told her it wouldn't have damaged anything else. They're supposed to get the new pump in tomorrow, but I'm afraid it'll still have injector issues since it was missing for about ten miles on interstate. If I do need new ones, any recommendations? I don't want to spend a fortune and I'm keeping my stock fuel and oil systems. By the way, they're charging $500 for the new pump. That seems about $200 too high from what I'd heard. Thoughts on that? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.