No start 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No start 7.3

Went to start my truck this morning and nothing. No lights, no crank. It is really weird though..

The door chime will make a repetative noise(doesnt sound normal) and get faster and faster until it stops. When I shut the door or turn the headlight switch it stops. The head lights do not work.. The relay for the door chime under the dash its cycling on-off everytime the chime makes a noise. To the point its cycling multiple times a second. I messed with it for a solid hour before work and could not locate a bad fuse. Im almost thinking its shorting out somewhere?

Could this be the CPS issue?

Really lost guys and can use the help. Its been a really bad week.

Cody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 AM

The truck is an E99 with a PHP chip. Im thinking I should pull the chip tonight to see if that is the problem?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like you may have lost a ground???? i doubt the chip has anything to do with it, check the batteries and all your battery connections, you may have lost a ground or have a really bad positive connection somewhere.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 PM

Well I had the batteries tested and they both were bad. $300 later I have new batteries and the problem is the same! I was able to get the dash, headlights and everything to work. Then as soon as I went passed the "on" position to try to start it everything went off again.

The #1 relay sounds like it is going to explode it is cycling so fast. This is only happening when the key is in the ignition or the drivers door is open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3HeavyHauler View Post
Sounds like you may have lost a ground???? i doubt the chip has anything to do with it, check the batteries and all your battery connections, you may have lost a ground or have a really bad positive connection somewhere.

That is a good idea. I will look into it.

Thanks for your help

Cody
Old 07-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Serving Our Country!

wish i had more suggestions but i figured it to be something simple, someone else will chime in and one other thing have you searched the forums seems to me there was something on here similar to what you are experiencing.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3HeavyHauler View Post
wish i had more suggestions but i figured it to be something simple, someone else will chime in and one other thing have you searched the forums seems to me there was something on here similar to what you are experiencing.
Im thinking it is the connections to the battery. All of them look pretty bad. As soon as I get a break from work(working today too ) im going to change them out and see if it fixes it.

I did try searching and didnt come up with anything.

Thanks

Cody
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Serving Our Country!

If they are bad then I would think you have found your answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.