Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NO START: 2008 Ford F-250

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  angler2 
#1 ·
OK. Truck won't start.

I changed out blower motor resistor and tested with truck running. It wasn't the blower motor resistor

So I went back in and looked at the harness and unplugged a couple of connectors - the one attached to the resistor and the next one down the harness looking for bad connections. Everything looked fine. Reconnected everything and now my theft light is blinkin and it won't start.

Truck currently getting a time out - both negative cables on batts disconnected.

Looked for bad fuses inside and they all look good.

#2 ·
Still won't start after about 45 minutes unplugged.

Tried spare key, still no workie.

Any ideas?

I did clear a PO232 code while messing around with it. Don't know how long the code was there. Cleared it and it is still throwing the code.

#6 ·
Today she died 4 times running errands around the neighborhood. Would lose power and simply die. Now it throws P0087 FUEL RAIL/SYSTEM PRESSURE LOW in addition to P0232 FUEL PUMP SECONDARY CIRCUIT HIGH. I cleared the codes the first few times and she would start right up. The 3rd and 4th kill it would take a ton of cranking to start.

Changed fuel filters for the first time (myself). Truck has 47,600 miles and I had the dealership change them (or so I thought) when I bought the truck around 43k miles. The secondary looked fairly clean, but the primary was super dirty and covered in algae (big brown boogers). I'm beginning to doubt the dealer did anything.

Any thoughts? I would love some help. I was supposed to haul my camper to a big festival tomorrow and that looks out unless I can get something to work pronto.

#7 ·
Ran multiple hard acceleration runs trying to get it to repeat the power loss. Ran it on the freeway for about 30 miles.

Could never get the problem to repeat. Perhaps it was just a plugged primary filter.

Will buy some algaecide tomorrow and keep changing filters.

#10 ·
Which one?

The blower stuck on high problem was not actually the blower motor resistor but a wire shorted by the company that installed my Alpine navigation unit. Pulled the unit and found the short.

The blower motor resistor is behind the glovebox. Pull the glovebox and you'll see the blower motor housing and in the fender side of that housing, you'll see the resistor held in by 2 10mm bolts. If you have the new blower motor resistor in hand, you'll see it immediately. Search this forum and you will find better instructions than this.

The no start turned out to be a primary fuel pump ****ting the bed. That's fixed now too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.