03 6.0 injector replaced, truck started but now it won't at all. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 6.0 injector replaced, truck started but now it won't at all.

Hello all I am new to forum and could really use some help so here goes with my trouble. Ok so I have been reading up on how to replace injectors in my 6.0 on this site so THANK YOU everyone. I had a code that number 2 injector was not pulling its weight so after reading and feeling confident I could do it, I tore down the truck and replaced the injector today. Well all went well during the tear down and put back. After I had everything back together I cranked the truck for about a minute after priming injectors with key off to on a few times. Truck started, had a slight miss in it thought that if I drove it for a few miles it would clear up. Well it did not still had a miss in it at idle but on throttle it was fine.
So my wife and I decided to go to town in the truck, and thats when the trouble started. I began noticing the miss was getting worse, and started watching the passenger side mirror, and low and behold it was black smoke on acceleration. The truck was running very rough but would still hold and idle around 600 in park. So now after dinner I decided to go try to start the truck again, and now it won't start at all. At this point I am frustrated, and pulling my hair out. I really need this truck running by Tuesday, so any ideas would be very much appreciated. Did I miss something on assembly? I have gone over and over in my head and don't think so. Again thank you for any ideas that the knowledgeable readers of this forum can come up with. I just bought this truck 2 weeks ago, and am kicking myself right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok so you will never guess what this shade tree mechanic learned this morning..... I thought that maybe the HPOP was going out that maybe filling the oil rail on the injector side I had pulled proved to be too much for it. man was I thinking this was gonna cost me big money to fix.. So I began tearing everything down and thought hey lets pull on the wires that connect to the new injector I just installed and pop it came right off in my hand. Apparently I thought it was connected when I put the clip in, but it was not. Next I looked at the FICM and guess what, the middle connector was not plugged in all the way, ugh!!! Ok so with both of those items for sure this time plugged in and snapped into place I put everything back together, and she fired right up and ran smooth as silk. Moral of the story, I am just learning about 6.0 powerstrokes and after pulling my hair out for 2 days, it is fixed and I saved a ton of money. Thanks for all the views everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.