Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 will not start after up pipe replacement

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  alancour 
#1 · (Edited)
Solved...

Update in post #7

I replaced my up pipes this weekend and now my truck (E99) will not start. I removed the passenger pipe by working through the inner fender well and replaced the drivers side from working from the bottom. I removed the turbo, intake and IC pipes during the job.

THe truck started for about a second after I completed the repair. When I am cranking the truck over, I can see the tach moving and the oil pressure guage goes up. I can hear the fuel pump running and I have 3/4 tank of fuel.
All fuses are good, WTS light comes on like usual.

I assume I have a fuel issue. The truck ran fine before I worked on it except for the leaky up pipes.

I am going to verify the HPOP is full today, change the fuel filter and replace the CPS.

Any ideas how to get my truck to start?

TIA
Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
drain the fuel bowl and cycle the key to see if it fills up. you can maybe hear the FP running but it doesnt mean its sucking fuel. you sure you didnt unhook any of the connectors or anything going into the valvecovers? maybe they came loose? this ones a weird one for sure.....

#4 ·
Is there any smoke from exhaust?
Could you have left a towel in the intake tubing? seen that before! haha

#6 ·
No smoke = No fuel.

I would double check the outside uvch connections.

#7 ·
4-9-12 update
After using a scan tool compatible with the 7.3, I realized I DO have trouble codes!

P0113 Intake air tempeture circuit high input
P0470 Exhaust back pressure circuit malfunction
P0472 Exhaust back pressure circuit low input
P1212 ICP (cranking) not detected/ ICP voltage not at expected level
P1280 ICP circuit out of range low
P1283 IPR circuit failure

I have tried unplugging the ICP, the IPR, the IAT and the EBP sensors and the truck will still not start.

Any ideas where to start?

#8 ·
I would look at the icp sensor.
the others shouldnt keep it from running, just maybe not running as efficient.

#9 ·
That almost sounds like a wiring harness problem......

Sent from my Acer Android Tablet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.