03 f250 6 litre no power no codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 f250 6 litre no power no codes

Hey everyone thanks for taking the time to read this, any help is greatly appreciated. I have a friends 03 f250 6 litre auto with 220 000 kms on it the truck starts fine but wont go over 40 until you drive it for a bit and feather the throttle. Its seems like its hesitating and wont shift gears until you feather it, it does work a little better if its warmed up. I scanned it with my snap on solus scanner it had 1 code for the icp, it was leaking oil so I replaced it and the pigtail and cleared codes still works like crap. Some history on the truck the turbo and cooler was replaced about a year ago (18 000 kms) about 3 months ago we replaced the fuel filters and batteries and repaired a broken ground cable on the motor. I did a buzz test on the inj there good, 47 volts cranking and 48 running and 12.2 at ficm ,pulled and checked egr was clean. The hoses are good on the turbo, turbo doesn't seem to be sticking I'm going to check the lift pump pressure tomorrow. I dont have much experience with the ford 6 litre . Does anyone have any ideas before I chase him to the dealer. Thanks great site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This may help may not be what you or your friend want to hear but it is what it is. Lots of info on this thread
Old 04-03-2012, 05:14 PM

whoops heres the link

Sudden loss of power
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks I read your link, you figure my hpop is going out. I hear of people replacing seals and stand pipes, I don't know if that's a half assed fix. what did you replace I seen the new pump also is (150 psi shop air) enough to find a leak. I dont see any oil leaks. thanks for the info
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 PM

When you get the hpop cover off and remove the discharge tube you can apply (150psi) shop air to the outlet and if you hear air then you have a high pressure oil leak,

Also you can do this a different way, the IPR valve is a normally closed valve so if you apply 12v to it via jumper wires, scan tool, etc you can then apply shop air through the icp port on the hpop cover see attached pic

IPR is the left sensor and icp is on the right, you will need an adapter to thread into the icp port when the sensor is removed, again you should not hear any air if you do you have a HPO leak = no or low power
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM

I forgot to mention do not keep 12v on the IPR for over 1 minute or you will be replacing it!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM

ICP is M12-1.5 i have an adapter if you need it
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM

OTC Tools & Equipment 6764 FORD 6.0L IPR CONTROLLER

This tool commands IPR closed pretty much a fancy jumper with a switch but you get the idea
Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

update

checked my lift pump pressure its 55 psi at idle and 52 at wot.I noticed my mgp doesn't change alot when Im driving. I did the turbo test with the scanner idle truck at 1200rpm and command turbo. If I command up to 100 my mgp goes from 0 to .3 kpa if I take it for a test drive and its starts working half decent it will go to 1.2 1.2 kpa. how much boost should I see?
Old 04-06-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-pei View Post
checked my lift pump pressure its 55 psi at idle and 52 at wot.I noticed my mgp doesn't change alot when Im driving. I did the turbo test with the scanner idle truck at 1200rpm and command turbo. If I command up to 100 my mgp goes from 0 to .3 kpa if I take it for a test drive and its starts working half decent it will go to 1.2 1.2 kpa. how much boost should I see?
alot easier if you set your scantool to american, lol i think normal boost is around 25ish may be wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.