No crank after loading sct tune. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No crank after loading sct tune.

May be a fluke, but the truck ran fine just had an egr code. Has a delete and head studs. Go to load the sct off my other truck, the sct was unlocked. loaded a loony tune. tune loads. Then the truck doesn't crank. Loaded the file back to stock. Went smooth. But still no crank. So now I'm thinking coincidence.

The truck has new batteries. I just bought it with an egr delete and studs in it. The truck has a new starter and a hpop. It sounded like a helicoptor and needed a rocker arm and push rod. put those in and it ran like a top.

I tried jumping the solenoid with the yellow and blue wire. she turns over. But with the key on It still says no way. When its being jumped over it turns over smoothly. Checked the relay fuse. It was ok. What else shoud I look into?

Thanks guys for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have an 04 f350 6.0 same prob but I had the truck flashed and the EGR code came back with the idiot light. I tried throwing the custom tune from MKM Customs on it with the SCT programer to rid the EGR code to smog the truck and like you tune downloaded fine butt then NO CRANK even after going back to stock.

The SCT guys were great in trying to help but were dumbfounded too. Tomorrow I'm going to get ahold of the gentamen that flashed it and see if he can help.

I'll let ya know if I find the smoking gun and vs versa.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My BAD dint pay attention to the post date. What did it end up being.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.