'95 F350 7.3 hard starting when hot - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'95 F350 7.3 hard starting when hot

Hey everyone first post hopefully of many

Let me start off by giving you the rundown of problems this past 2 weeks out on the road.

1995 ford f350 7.3l international turbo-diesel

first issue encountered: hard starting when cold

new glow plugs and starter fixed this coldstart issue.
(though at 60deg this morning it did take a couple tries)

next set of issues:

stalling, sputtering, missing, surging and just pretty much running like crap
Mechanic told me bad fuel so we swapped it out, changed the filters and such. this fixed the problem, untill i got fifty miles down the road. then it came back with a vengence. It jumped, studdered then stalled while making a left turn, causing a minor fender bender

this is when a mobile diesel "mechanic" comes into play. he comes out and tells me its the ipr. so this jackoff takes it apart cleans it and puts it back together. to the tune of three hundred and fifty dollars. now i told him about the last service and the fifty mile relapse and he shakes my hand and says "just call me, I'm mobile. if there a problem i'll come make it right". so i get 10 miles down the road and shure enough shake, rattle, studder, stall. So i call Mr stand up guy of a mechanic and he says he on the way and never shows

I limp into a shop and they spend the afternoon tracing all my problems to a bad camshaft position sensor. they replaced it and now I'm running great.
but im haveing hot starting problems. I have to crank it for 4-5 seconds to get it to fire up when the engine is hot. sometimes it takes a few tries.
any thoughts would help. it feels to me like im not getting enough fuel. and from the little bit of reasearch ive done so far i think maybe the ipr isn't keeping my pressure up high enough to fire when its hot. like maybe the seals in there are expanding with the heat or my icp is reading wrong. and im not really sure what the pcm could have to do with the issue. but someone else told me that could be the cause, but wouldnt that be an all the time problem not just when hot. I dont know what else it could be
help me out if you can i really need to fix this tomorrow so i can get back on the road
thanks, daniel
if theres any expierinced diesel mechanics out there that would be willing to talk me through it, pm me and ill message you my phone #
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any word on what the problem was my truck same year has been having the same symptoms for a few months now.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Possibly a damaged o-ring on IPR. I had no start immediately after trying to start it after it was good and warm. The oring and backup ring had a section out of them when I checked them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.