Trouble Codes? LiveWire F350 6.0L P0004 ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 02:36 PM
LTJDS

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Trouble Codes? LiveWire F350 6.0L P0004 ?

Anybody know what P0004 code means. My truck stalled and seems like it is not getting Fuel. My LiveWire is throwing code P0004. I need help identifying this code. My truck was picked up from a collision repair shop, and I drove my truck for about 120 miles with my updated LiveWire , no problems seen while in monitor mode. All Temps Within Normal Limits. Parked her for about 2 and a half hrs then drove 10 miles parked and loaded my truck and 5ft x 12ft open Lawn trailer with my friends furniture (moving Day) . Moved his stuff about 7 miles , unloaded and drove my empty truck and trailer back home another 120+ miles to get home, again all ok on the Monitor mode on my LiveWire, Then at a traffic light my truck stalls out ?? WTF. She turns over with good battery power, but seems like there's no Fuel. ???
Could only pull a code from my LiveWire after AAA got me home. By the way this stall engine occured about 5 miles from home. thank GOD, this could have happened on the Turnpike with Trailer in TOW.
ANYWAY I Need to know what Trouble Code P0004 is.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I need to know why my Girl won't start ???
Thanx yall........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM
MARSOC > Seals

hey check out this site.... might want to save it to your favorites for you can use it again some time down the road Ford OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Powerstroke Diesel Codes .: Articles
Old 09-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Here is what I found for that code: P0004 Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit High
Old 09-07-2007, 04:33 AM
LTJDS

Unhappy update

Pulled a code P0231 , checked the fuel pump mounted in the frame rail and changed it. Then the HVOP was only reading 300 (i think millivolts) When I have been told that it should be drawing 500 or more.
We bleed the fuel line all the way to the eng filter and got fuel to come out of the port I plug my fuel pressure sensor into on the top of my billet Fuel Cap. HVOP is still under warranty, but Two Weeks B-4 I can get A Dealer to look at that. I have been told that the HVOP on a 6.0L is under the intake (TOP) of thr motor and an all day change out. At this point if the part is closer to $600.00 instead of $2,000.00, even though the part is under WARRANTY. i am lookiin' towards just buyin' the part myself. This would save me down time waiting for the dealer to get to it. If the part is 2K + Labor she's going to have to go to the dealer, If it's only $600, for the part, I plan on gettin' er dun with out the wait.

Just wanted to give those who replied an undate, Thanks and I'll keep yall' posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.