2001 Powerstroke oil pressure Zero @ Idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to odsather
2001 Powerstroke oil pressure Zero @ Idle

I have a 2001 f350 oil level is 1 qt over full on fresh oil change oil pressure on manual guage checked on HPOP resivoir in place of the oil pressure switch shows zero at idle and around 20psi @ WOT I just changed the g-roter pump and seal that sit behind the harmonic balancer what else could I possibly spend my money on I have no more hair to pull out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odsather View Post
I have a 2001 f350 oil level is 1 qt over full on fresh oil change oil pressure on manual guage checked on HPOP resivoir in place of the oil pressure switch shows zero at idle and around 20psi @ WOT I just changed the g-roter pump and seal that sit behind the harmonic balancer what else could I possibly spend my money on I have no more hair to pull out!
main bearings are the most common cause of real low oil pressure if the pump and regulator are good........im surprised it even fires if its showing 0 at idle.....are you sure the gauge is correct??
Old 08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to odsather
oil pressure is zero on an installed manual guage

since post we removed the hpop resivoir to check regulator and interior hp regulator I m Still at a loss
Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Of course if it still runs at idle w/ 0psi wait a minute or to & it will definatly dye starving the hpop. This procedure you might not want to tackle. The check valve in the rear oil cooler adaptor could have a small piece of debris causing it to stay partially open. I had a 7.3 one time i was repairing that had blew a small plug out of the rear portion of the cam area. But that procedure means the tranny will have to come out. That will be your last resort unless you find something else wrong. The older models had the valve barbed into the housing but the newer ones like yours was changed to a snap ring style. The barbed type would come loose causing the valve to go sideways & stick open causing no psi what so ever.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to WILLIAM LORCH
Has ne 1 offered the idea of the base for the oil filter it might be bypassing allhte time..Just a suggestion.....seams 2 me like the oil is in free flow "so2speek",somethiing is keeping the system from building pressure B4 the HPOP I dont believe it is hte HPOP not the LPOP something is just letting the oil bypass.. that is Y i guessed the filter housing or base which ever you chose to call the mouting for it...... Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.