6.0 spewing oil! help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.0 spewing oil! help

Hi everyone i came home today got out of the truck (had it for a whole month now ) noticed an oil smell looked under the truck and oil was running down the pass side rear corner of the block. we are talking like half a quart! when i bought the truck i was told the local ford dealer just put a new turbo on so thinking there might be a problem with the feed or return line i checked everything as best as possible with a flashlight then just dove in and pulled off the turbo which was very easy considering it wasnt bolted on the three bolts and someones ratchet and sockets were under the turbo ! there was a small amount of oil in the valley but not a huge amount i cant see well enough on the back side of the engine to tell if anything else is leaking . do you think its possible that all that oil came from the return line since that and the ex pipes are the only things holding on the turbo ? i would have brought it back to the dealer but i have good mechanical skills and since the tech who put the turbo on the first time appearently didnt have time to bolt it on i dont want him touching it again I have a lot of experience with gassers but this is new to me i dont want to fix it twice i know they have some issues . ideas anything else to check would greatly appreciated, truck has mbrp turbo back sct and other minor mods , when i put on the ex i thought it was funny there was no bolte holding on the turbo if only i had removed the intake tube i could have seen why! thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerhurd View Post
Hi everyone i came home today got out of the truck (had it for a whole month now ) noticed an oil smell looked under the truck and oil was running down the pass side rear corner of the block. we are talking like half a quart! when i bought the truck i was told the local ford dealer just put a new turbo on so thinking there might be a problem with the feed or return line i checked everything as best as possible with a flashlight then just dove in and pulled off the turbo which was very easy considering it wasnt bolted on the three bolts and someones ratchet and sockets were under the turbo ! there was a small amount of oil in the valley but not a huge amount i cant see well enough on the back side of the engine to tell if anything else is leaking . do you think its possible that all that oil came from the return line since that and the ex pipes are the only things holding on the turbo ? i would have brought it back to the dealer but i have good mechanical skills and since the tech who put the turbo on the first time appearently didnt have time to bolt it on i dont want him touching it again I have a lot of experience with gassers but this is new to me i dont want to fix it twice i know they have some issues . ideas anything else to check would greatly appreciated, truck has mbrp turbo back sct and other minor mods , when i put on the ex i thought it was funny there was no bolte holding on the turbo if only i had removed the intake tube i could have seen why! thanks
what year 6.0??
Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

sorry so pissed i forgot all the details 2004
Old 07-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
When I took my turbo of I didnt seat that return line in there properly (its an o ring seal) and when I started it up I had oil just spewing out on the passenger side just like you described Its not that hard to keep it in position but I bet it didnt seal properly either on the turbo or on the HPOP cover. Maybe get some new o rings for it and try again.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:03 AM
Banned

if it has not been leaking i doubt the turbo is the problem, especially if ou cant see oil in the valley. Check the electrical connectors for the glow plugs. They go into the bottom of the aluminum portion of the head and are sealed with an o ring. Check the valley over real good with a flashlight, and also check to see if its coming from in front of there like the cam or crank sensor and moving back. if you dont find it, clean it off really really good and then start checking it with a clean motor to start with.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just got it togeather new o rings on return line no more leaking (for now) injector plugs all dry crank and cam sensors relatively dry i did find a lot of oil on near icp sensor after i found my mirror , brake cleaned it for now ordered one for monday, but for the time being no more massive leak when i was at ford ordering the sensor i gave them back the "tools from the valley" and the story with them their reply we couldnt have done that checked their records then all was silent! when i go pick up the sensor i will ask if it was an even trade tools/sensor ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.