7.3 Motor bogs down and doesnt want to accelerate - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3 Motor bogs down and doesnt want to accelerate

Hey all,

I've got an issue with a 95 3/4 ton. On the way back into town on the freeway I noticed the truck would just fall flat on its face when you tried to accelerate. You would have to keep your foot down to the floor and it would BARELY pick up any speed once the truck started getting into boost it would pull like normal. I got it back into town and it was still doing the same thing. It would feel like you were accelerating just by switching gears at idle and would barely pick up speed no matter how hard you mashed the peddle until you got into boost. In fact when i was sitting at idle I tried revving the motor and the RPMs didn't change. I first fiddled around with the map sensor. When i unplugged it, it ran like a top again. I replaced the MAP sensor and I'm still having the same issue. Am i looking at a TPS sensor? I was going to do the necessary checks on it tomorrow. I'm just looking for suggestions for other things to check or to see if this might be a common issue.

Thanks,
Brendan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Serving Our Country!

I once had what sounds like the same problem. Dealer replaced all sensors, fuel filter and even fuel pump. Also changed oil, said it could be foaming, still would not pull a load. After 3 days they pulled the fuel tank and found the 2 sock filters on the pick-up tubes were plugged up. Cleaned them and all was good. Funny, this guy had all the tech manuals and computers and it took an old shade tree mechanic to tell him what the problem was. lol
Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hrmmmm well its odd that it was a night and day difference when i unplugged the Map sensor and if it were a fuel filter you would figure that it would kill performance in boost. Well my task for the day is to work on the issue so ill let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.