03 PS diesel Rocker arms - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 PS diesel Rocker arms

I have an 03 ps diesel. this was one of the first produce. Apparently the rocker arms were changed very early in the production year but the ford part number was NOT changed. The rocker arms are not interchangeable and my ford dealer can't find the early rocker arms. I had one break and now the dealer is telling me that since the parts are not available I will have to change both heads because of one rocker arm on a 4 year old motor. Anyone have any suggestions that might help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned

Which rocker?? If the trash cans at work havnt been dumped i might be able to get you a used one if its one of the center ones (the ones that have two rockers on them).....or u can just take the rocker off of the "plate" and use it on one of the outside ones too if you need to....

the motor they came off of had about 50k on them...i just didnt put them back on the core....LOL.

just a note....you should not remove the head bolt to change the rocker, you should compress the valve springs and take it off of the "baseplate".....
Old 07-04-2007, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It was the number 2 intake cyl. and they were talking about replacing both heads to switch over to the "new" type rocker arm. Ford's area rep is talking to his boss and trying to get Ford to replace the heads on their dime not mine. They are supposed to let me know friday what Ford will do. Just sounded extreme to replace heads because Ford can't supply a rocker arm. I did see the rocker arm and it is different from the one Ford supplies now.

I asked about getting a used a r arm and was told chance of finding one was slim because very very few motors went out before the R arm style was changed. Ford rep did tell me this was a production problem with the part number not being changed.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Banned

due to the issue of not getting the part needed, and I know the warranty period is up on the truck. I' can pretty much tell you ford Will be covering it
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks, I sure hope they will. Sure surprised me that they cant get a rocker arm. Ford's area rep thought that around 500 motors were built before the change so I guess it wasn't worth the cost. I hope nothing else was changed like this....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.