Leaking coolant?? Maybe? ...HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 01:06 AM
PIPE HITTER

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leaking coolant?? Maybe? ...HELP

Ok heres the deal. I just finished installing the AIH plug from BCD along with the code eliminator. I removed the OEM plug, took off the red wire from it, also took off the other end of the red wire from the soloniod, and then used the harness to go from the solonoid to the ground on the firewall per instructions, I also left the other wire that was on the solonoid connected. There was a second wire connected to the AIH itself, I just taped it up, I was not sure as the instructions were not cler on what to do with it.

I also installed the dual relief valve, and disconnected the wastegate actuator. As soon as started the truck, what looks to be coolant is stead dripping from the passangers side towards the fron of the motor. I can see that it is coming from a ridgid metal tube attached by a bracket to the fron of the block, the tube just ends, as if it were not supposed to go any farther than it does.

The messed up thing is, I did not realize the truck was leaking, untill AFTER I returned from my test drive and when pulling into the driveway I saw the enormous puddle, What the hell did I do? HELP

it's a 2000 7.3

Last edited by gcop; 04-18-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Banned

are you sure its coolant???....tht tube is for the fuel drain valve......im guessing you probably have one of two things going on.....the first is you bumped the vavle whilie working on it and opened it partially or all the way. look for the yellow lever on the back of the fuel filter housing. see if its closed.

if that doesnt fix it.....you will need to either replace the vavle (dealer part) or put new o rings in it (i believe super stroke has a link).......Marc
Old 04-18-2006, 09:41 AM
PIPE HITTER

Thats prob. what it is. I at one point dropped a wrench in the valley behind the fuel filter, I'll bet I knocked while trying to grab the wrench.

I'll let you know, but that's got to be it. I was in a bit of panic at 4am thins morning, so I guessed coolant.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:51 AM
PIPE HITTER

Marc,

That was it. The valve was about half way open, problem solved. I very much appriciate the help, you have extended my life expectancy by at least a few months, Seriously, good call.

TA
Old 04-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

As far as the second wire on the AIH, i beleive it was a ground wire coming fromt he driver side head. It should be fine just taped up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.