need help asap!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tofield Alberta
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help asap!!!

hey, I need your guy's advice. I am currently 100 km from the nearst town and my intercooler boot fell of... the one on top of the motor, it goes from a black tube to the intake. For the life of me I cant get that sucker back on. Any tips or tricks to get it back on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
shaking things up

 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: wexford-Pa
Posts: 3,651
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
why wont it go on?? is the clap loosened all the way? if so you can try wd40 on it to try to slip it on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tofield Alberta
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well after alot of cussing and throwing stuff I ended getting the boot back on. I forgot to mention that there is a Roda Deaco valve installed between the tube and the intake which is about 3 inchs in length. Plus I didn't have my tools with me at the time, just the Leatherman. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: unvrhrdofit, SK
Posts: 6,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rigrocket View Post
well after alot of cussing and throwing stuff I ended getting the boot back on. I forgot to mention that there is a Roda Deaco valve installed between the tube and the intake which is about 3 inchs in length. Plus I didn't have my tools with me at the time, just the Leatherman. Thanks for the help.
I bet you get a few people asking what the he11 a Roda Deaco valve is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tofield Alberta
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I bet you get a few people asking what the he11 a Roda Deaco valve is
I know alot of people that I talk to don't know what it is. I didn't even know what it was until I started working in the oil and gas sector.

For all of you who don't; it is a safety valve in the intake tube designed to prevent a runaway motor.
here is the link to there website.RodaDeaco by AMOT Diesel Engine Safety Solutions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I learned something new
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: unvrhrdofit, SK
Posts: 6,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rigrocket View Post
I know alot of people that I talk to don't know what it is. I didn't even know what it was until I started working in the oil and gas sector.

For all of you who don't; it is a safety valve in the intake tube designed to prevent a runaway motor.
here is the link to there website.RodaDeaco by AMOT Diesel Engine Safety Solutions
Yuppers. I'm outta Southern Saskatchewan and there are more trucks with 'em than without 'em lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Other vehicle is an F250
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N. Pickens County S.C.
Posts: 18,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Yuppers. I'm outta Southern Saskatchewan and there are more trucks with 'em than without 'em lol.
I have learned something new. I am now worth much more than I was before!

Southern Sask? I have a good friend in Regina - NE sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: unvrhrdofit, SK
Posts: 6,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I have learned something new. I am now worth much more than I was before!

Southern Sask? I have a good friend in Regina - NE sector.
Right on. I'm about 60 miles out of Regina but spent most of my time there growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
shaking things up

 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: wexford-Pa
Posts: 3,651
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Yuppers. I'm outta Southern Saskatchewan and there are more trucks with 'em than without 'em lol.
why do so many have them??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors