HELP!!!! 6.0 not cranking some times! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!!!! 6.0 not cranking some times!

I got an 06 F350 SRW with the 6.0. here's the problem. I got up yesterday to go run some erands. I drove about 10 miles then shut the truck off. After about ten minutes I went back out and the truck would only turn over. After about twenty minutes I tried it again and it cranked up. I took it to my buddy who has a code reader and it said it had a crankshaft sensor trouble or some wording to that effect. So I went and bought a crankshaft sensor, put it on and it cranked right up. I left there and drove about 10 miles to pick up my girls from school. Pulled up, shut it off, and got my girls. This took about ten minutes. Got back in the truck went to crank up and all it would do is turn over. After my wife came and got my girls, maybe 20- 30 minutes tried it and it crunk up. Went back to my buddy's and checked the codes, and there wasn't anything new. We started and shut off the truck several, several times and could not get it to do it again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ranger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 04:13 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Not sure what it is, but how bout a bump.

How many miles on the clock and what kind of code reader does he have. Several scan tools don't read all of our codes.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

sounds like the stc fitting is coming apart
Old 03-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The truck has 3167 hrs on it. He has a Genysis scanner I believe. What is a stc fitting? How hard is it to replace? I'm new to the diesel world. And thanks again for all any and all help. I have an appointment with the local ford shop on Friday is this something they will look for?

Ranger
Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 AM
one day at a time

Sounds like a high pressure oil problem. No start warm is a sign of a possible failure of the snap to connect (STC) fitting on the HPOP which is located in back of the engine valley below the turbo (under a cover plate as well). It's not the only possible problem but it is one of the most common. You need a diagnostic tool that can measure the HPO pressure while cranking.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will this be something they will look for at the shop or do I need to say something? Also when he checked it with his scanner he said it had an EGR code on it too. He checked it after we replaced the crankshaft sensor and the EGR code was still there. Thanks for all the help guys. Please keep the help coming.

Ranger
Old 03-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is this something I can fix or would it be better to let a certified mechanic do it? If I get someone to do it does anyone have an approx. cost? I have worked on gas burners but don't have any diesel experience.

Thanks
Ranger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.