whats this - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
whats this

okay so i have two things going on with my 99 psd, first is the truck is like jickuping while driving almost like its gonna shut off for a split second. somtimes it will stall when i come to a stop as well, i think its a cps going? not sure though, now for the other one when i drive at any temp in first and second gear (auto trans) there is like a dead spot in power right before the turbo spools up, and it starts blowin white?maybe blueish smoke while this is happining, all i have to do is step on the throttle alittle harder and it clears right out and stops smoking, but i can hold it in this spot where it feels like its lackin power and blow smoke all the way up the road??? kinda like when its cold and doesnt want to shift and blows smoke ??? please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sounds like symptoms of bad timing, and perhaps a bad TPS.

I will suggest this.

Replace your CPS. it is cheap, and easy to do. Then, unhook your negative battery cables, for about 20 minutes turn your key to the run position to help drain off all capacitors, then turn the key switch off. Reconnect your negative cables and turn your key to the run position, but do not start the truck. Slowly depress the throttle pedal, to the floor, then slowly return it to the idle position. Shut the key off.

Now start the truck, and try running it. What you have done, is a soft reset of the throttle position sensor. If it clears up your problem, then you know that a TPS is in your future. You can do a hard recalibration of the TPS, but I am not going to get into that here.

Good luck
Old 03-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaywrench View Post
Sounds like symptoms of bad timing, and perhaps a bad TPS.

I will suggest this.

Replace your CPS. it is cheap, and easy to do. Then, unhook your negative battery cables, for about 20 minutes turn your key to the run position to help drain off all capacitors, then turn the key switch off. Reconnect your negative cables and turn your key to the run position, but do not start the truck. Slowly depress the throttle pedal, to the floor, then slowly return it to the idle position. Shut the key off.

Now start the truck, and try running it. What you have done, is a soft reset of the throttle position sensor. If it clears up your problem, then you know that a TPS is in your future. You can do a hard recalibration of the TPS, but I am not going to get into that here.

Good luck
ill try thats thanks, and i just got a cel so ill get it scanned and let you know what happens
Old 03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

need to get codes pulled first , the smoke sounds to me like low fuel pressure , the screen in the tank may be clogged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.