hpop leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 02:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hpop leak

Anyone out there running the adrenaline pump from diesel site, I have had one on my truck for about 400 miles now and it is leaking from the big plug that is held in the back with a snap ring , anyone else have any issues with this pump?

Last edited by REDROCKET; 01-20-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I didn't and I put about a grand on the one I was testing. Call up Bob and let him know. I'm sure he will have no issue fixing it.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM

The big plug on the back is the rear cover in the back of the pump. Mr Bob said it is just a bad oring inside just something that can happen just like with anything else. He was also more than glad to address the issue and has already shipped a replacement pump with absolutley no hassle the only thing he has asked me to do is check my icp pressures that i plan to do immediatly. The folks at diesel site are the best people I have ever dealt with as far as caring for the customers, being loyal to customers, and they are also very knowledgable of their products as well. Thanks again diesel site!!!! I am sorry if i caused any trouble for them with my last post.

Last edited by REDROCKET; 01-20-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Black&Gold Send a message via Skype™ to Black&Gold
that is great to hear! it is hard to come by shops like that nowa days.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As REDROCKET stated, this is actually the back cover of the pump. The snap ring is holding the cover in place. There is an o-ring under that cover. Any pump can and will have o-ring failures.

That being said, with our Adrenaline pumps, if a customer has a leaking o-ring anywhere - we have been sending out new pumps not typically just new o-rings. We are doing this to eliminate the customer having issues from the installation of the o-rings but also to evaluate each pump to make sure there isn't something going on. There have been about 20 leaking back cover plates out of 1000+ pumps. I imagine that is at least as good as stock. So, I'm happy with that and there are no signs of anything funny going on or something bad in the pump that requires attention - just normal oring failure. We'll continue to send replacement pumps for any oring leak issues for a few more months. At that point we'll have a full o-ring replacement kit with instructions and loc-tite so that customers can change their own o-rings upon failure. The back snap ring is especially important to seat perfectly so that it does not cause a failure down the road so we'll have instructions to make sure those are seated perfectly when we are no longer sending replacement pumps for these issues.

Unfortunately, until now, a leak from an O-ring on the back cover or the non-serviceable plug in a stock pump meant you had to buy a new pump. We already offer the replacement non-servicable plug and will offer a complete HPOP O-ring kit so that if you have a leak with a stock pump or one of our pumps, you can fix it. You won't be stuck buying an entirely new pump or waiting for us to send you a replacement.

RED ROCKET Your replacement pump is on the way, but make sure to check those ICP pressures after you get it installed. We have you check for high ICP pressures because excessive ICPs cause excessive internal temperatures. While that isn't hard on the pump, it is hard on the orings and will eventually cause failure of the oring. Call here anytime you have any questions or issues and thanks for following up on your post.

Bob
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 PM

by the way Bob the truck runs stronger and smoother than ever before and is quieter at idle than any 6.0l i've heard
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got a bad o-ring too. Bob overnighted me a new o-ring and it fixed the problem. Was able to get the o-ring and clip back in without taking the pump out, it took some time but was much quicker than removing the pump.

Mine lasted about 5-months before it really started leaking. Might have leaved before that but I had so many other leaks that I didnt notice... I fixed the others and when there still was a leak I stared looking closer and found the HPOP was leaking out of the back cover.

Bob's service was great, he offered to go over the pump if I wanted to pull it and send it back. I needed the truck so I opted to try just replacing the o-ring first. Didn't get any instructions, but it wasn't that bad. A few extra joints in my arm would have helped, that pump is buried in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.