Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 wont crank

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  matthew7.3 
#1 ·
hey guys i have a 2000 f250 and i drove it last night everything was fine plugged it in when i goot home and this morning i went out to crank it and it crank but i had to hold the gas to keep it running but it only ran for a few seconds. now when i tryu to crank it it just seems sluggish on trying to crank i have checked all the fuses under the dash none are blew and i also checked the fuel bowl to see if there is fuel init it was full but i drained some of it out but still wont crank plz help

#2 ·
does your tach move? if now check your cps and replace i would replace ne way if you never have b4

#3 ·
im a noob to all this which tach exactly and i dont believe it has been

#6 ·
ok the tach does not move where exactly is it located

#7 ·
the cps in on the front of the motor it is only 1 8mm bolt and very easy to change

#8 ·
R U running any anti-gel fuel addative in your fuel tank. Is it possible that the fuel in the tank, fuel lines and pump have gelled and not flowing?

It's been cold down there lately - I just asking if it is a possibility. If so, you may need to get to Walmart or other retailer to look for Diesel Kleen 911. It helps de-gel fuel.

#9 ·
ok guys i changed the sensor and it cranks but it has a very loud knocking noise is there anyway i can post a video on here

#10 ·
knocking could be a few things ... post up a vid if its still doing it ... nd not trying 2 bash u or nething but u might want to learn and read up a crap load on the 7.3 b4 u start doing all those mods in ur sig ... just saying not knowing much about a truck and putting all that stuff in is gonna be asking for trouble nd ur gonna get scared from little sounds and quirky little things that itll do and if u bring it to people each time your gonna incur a butt load of random costs especially if they see that ur not well versed in this stuff ... not trying to diss you or make fun or anything just saying read up so u dont get raped w/ mechanic fees

#11 ·
i had a idea that it was the injectors doing it because i just recently ran i out of fuel so i finally drove the hell out of it and it cleared up but thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.