white/blueish smoke!!! :) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
white/blueish smoke!!! :)

i have a 2005 6.0L powerstroke with 170***miles on it. it is puking water out of the degas. i know i need head studs and egr delete which i am doin asap. i have white or maybe a little blueish smoke coming out and i know this occurs when the head gaskets are gone but it was almost ran out of feul yesterday and seemed to be much worse??? it spits and sputters like its not getting enough fuel. it does it very bad when cold and after it warms up its kind of random. i am wondering if it is only the head gaskets or does it have something to do wit an injector/s or feul pump or something?? im only 19 years old and just hit that january first so my pockets arent but so deep. im lookin at around 3 grand for the studs, egr, and labor and thats killer. i wud hate to have to add injectors to it too.... i just hope its only the gaskets. Is that wat it sounds like to yall? thanks for any help. and if anyone knows of someone in north carolina doin studs and egr delete for under 3 grand please let me know.

Randall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bft blue oval boys View Post
i have a 2005 6.0L powerstroke with 170***miles on it. it is puking water out of the degas. i know i need head studs and egr delete which i am doin asap. i have white or maybe a little blueish smoke coming out and i know this occurs when the head gaskets are gone but it was almost ran out of feul yesterday and seemed to be much worse??? it spits and sputters like its not getting enough fuel. it does it very bad when cold and after it warms up its kind of random. i am wondering if it is only the head gaskets or does it have something to do wit an injector/s or feul pump or something?? im only 19 years old and just hit that january first so my pockets arent but so deep. im lookin at around 3 grand for the studs, egr, and labor and thats killer. i wud hate to have to add injectors to it too.... i just hope its only the gaskets. Is that wat it sounds like to yall? thanks for any help. and if anyone knows of someone in north carolina doin studs and egr delete for under 3 grand please let me know.

Randall
It sounds like you may also be in need of a new FICM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

PM sent. Hope we can help.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The coolant in the exhaust is most likely an EGR cooler. Not a huge job to replace. I have not had to replace head gaskets on a VT365 yet, and I've been working on them since release. If you were to get the EGR delete it would defiantly take care of your leaking cooler
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM

i forgot to mention that all i have done to it is mbrp smokers stacks 4" turbo back and a smoke switch. i was gonna get a programmer and all but noticed it was blowin water out on a stock tune so i didnt want to risk blowin the heads off. do yall think if i just do the egr delete it will be fine wit the head bolts or should i not risk it and go all out studs and all? if i turn the smoke switch on and rev it up it blows lotttttts of white smoke and also spits and sputters? im sure it wud be best to go ahead and do studs and delete. let me know wat yall think. thanks for the help so far
Old 01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dude, Go with the delete kit. You're cooler is most likely leaking. You DO NOT need head studs. The stock head bolts are fine for your setup. The white smoke and stuttering is because its burning the coolant in your exhaust system. If you keep driving it with the cooler leaking, its only going to get worse and eventually the coolant can leak down into the cylinders causing it to hydro-lock. If you're still worried about a head gasket leak. Remove the pipe off the back of the cooler and check to see if there is coolant coming from the EGR cooler. This will for sure tell you what the problem is. Like I said before, I have never changed a head gasket because of a leak on this engine in the 4 years I've been working on them.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM

ok, i can do the delete myself so maybe ill try that first and sxo wat happens. thanks alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.