HUGE OIL LEAK! Need help FAST! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation HUGE OIL LEAK! Need help FAST!

I just can't believe this...just when I thought all was running semi-alright, I now have a steady dripping oil leak..not a slow drip either. About 1 drip per second when idleing. Its dripping down from the upper left rear corner of the pan, right at the flange. It doesn't appear to be coming out of the gasket. GAWD! every time Allegheny Ford gets ahold of this thing SOMETHING ELSE goes wrong! Its almost as though someone there was sabotaging it just to get more money...well, I'm OUT of money now so I'm gonna have to try and fix this thing myself. I need some help here..and quick. This is my bread and butter truck and now its down AGAIN!. I need a probable source point to start from..I have to stop this leak because I wouldn't dare try to take it on any runs like it is. I checked the oil level and its just a hair over the hash marks..I've overfilled it a bit before and never had this kind of leak(none for that matter) so right now I'm lost as to where to begin. Will remove the dog hatch in the morning to start things off. (and I JUST changed the oil less than 700 miles ago too!)
(03 E550)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Emergency Services

i would let it sit and cool then spray off all the oil u can and start it up to try and see where its comming from better..hopefully nothing too serious
Old 03-22-2007, 11:24 AM

Serious?? might just be..now coming out in a near steady stream. Am convinced that this is the absolute WORSE vehicle I've ever bought!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Take it back to Allegheny Ford and stand there until they fix it. If your having problems right after they worked on it, then I would say THEY are to blame. I bet they are having a Gas Tech work on it. I would request to talk to the tech that has been working on your truck, get a run down on what they have done EVERY time you've taken it in. I'm guessing they are taking you for a ride. I'd start b!t@hing and moaning...talking about a lawyer, yada yada.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

I am with Ditty on this one, if it wasn't leaking when you dropped it off then they would be fixing it.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Get them to fix it do it right and then once they have it done find a new shop to take it to if you have problems
Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Lawyer...seriously considering that too, but right now, it'd be out of oil before I got halfway there. It only seems to leak while running...hoping its just a loose oil line or gallery plug somewhere at the rear of the engine. Still need a starting point to look to first.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 AM

And for them to "fix it right"/ Thats a joke which isn't funny...I wouldn't take a tire there to be fixed!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

take the doghouse off and look at all oil galley plugs on top of heads , there are also two big plugs on back of each head that look like a half inch drive ratchet would fit in , on that model those were bad for leaking , on a van they are easy to get to, if its leaking that bad you should be able to see the leak
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM

i'm hoping its gonna something that simple. is there anything else at the rear that would/could leak so profusely when the engine is running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.