Sudden Death of TK - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sudden Death of TK

Ok so it's an 05 6.0 PSD stock with 4" straight exhaust with new sct 3 and Elite Diesel tunes. I won't get on t my small issues with Elite yet but anyways. I installed the SCT 3 about a week ago. the truck was doing great everything seems to work fine so on my way home from working a very hard (Sat night 12hr shift) i decided to stop on a backroad boost up the truck let off the brake and Go..... Well she did good 1st and 2nd then in 3rd at WOT the truck just shut down. All systems done check engine light came on some codes for exhasut and 1298. With this being said I haven't had any other problems no smoke no starting issues nothing. I try and put the stock codes back in and nope sct doesn't recognize vehicle . Please help. i looked into the Diesel injector module but haven't read something like this yet. Plus i need my truck back to stock if I still have warranty Thanks Kyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

so the truck is still running fine but you can't put it back to stock?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Emergency Services

sorry no the truck won't turn over or anything it's dead.. It will let you turn the key and show some gauges saying check service lights and the glow plugs will warm and go off but the truck just clicks.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Emergency Services

I'm waiting for the wife to give me the codes I wrote down because i don't think that one is right. I was just trying to say the truck has had no prior symptoms or issues untill now and she is sitting on the side of the road for now.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:22 PM

hmm thats just weird... and you didn't mess with the tune at all or anything... did you try to put it back on stock or a pre-programmed tune... my truck won't go to a pre-programmed tune for some reason but when i reinstall the custom tune it works great....
Old 11-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Emergency Services

No I just drove it around and hit it sometimes. but when I tried to go back to the stock tune where I thought it was saved in the SCT chip it won't recognize my truck. I'm going to disconnect batteries tomarrow and see what happens then try to get a used IDM but I need a part number and man it's cold and raining here so this sucks not to mention I have no ther car right now. I have no clue what happend
Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM

did you try to reinstall the custom tune? maybe that could get you to a warm spot or at least get your truck back til you can figure this out.. like i said about mine... i tried loading the preloaded tune a week ago and it did what yours is saying.. check gauges light and no crank.... but i put the custom tune back in and its fine.... but mine never didn't recongnize my truck... try loading the custom tune back in and see what happens? or is it not even letting you do anything?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Emergency Services

I'm going try it now as soon as I get a ride. I will let you know Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.