97 power stroke dead - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
97 power stroke dead

No start ,has new ipr,has 650 psi on oil ,shows injector pulse width on scanner ,with no codes ,will not do buzz test!! Power relay to idm clicks when key on sometimes ,sometimes not.fuel pressure is 40 psi.Will start on brake cleaner but on runs on it ,no fuel!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

few questions for ya. Does you CEL flicker when you cycle the ignition on? Have you checked all fuses? (check mega fuses under hood) The truck will not run if certain fuses are blown. Do not spray anything down the intake to try to get her running. Chances are if she wont start on her own then shes not going to run. Have you checked the fuel bowl to make sure fuel is in it?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have a idm for that year if needed. sounds like the issue i had a while back and i replaced the idm. good luck with it. pm me if u need idm
Old 11-18-2009, 02:54 PM

dead ps

have replaced relays and ckd and replaced fuses.the ck light and glow plug light does intermittent sometimes ,it dont do it every time its just like a relay or fuse .i have replaced the pcm and the idm already with the same .the glow plug relay is new ,i can unplug and the relays stop clicking in and out and the glow and ck lights stop ,but it trows the code for the glow plug relay?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPro87 View Post
few questions for ya. Does you CEL flicker when you cycle the ignition on? Have you checked all fuses? (check mega fuses under hood) The truck will not run if certain fuses are blown. Do not spray anything down the intake to try to get her running. Chances are if she wont start on her own then shes not going to run. Have you checked the fuel bowl to make sure fuel is in it?
Fuel bowl was one of the first things ,after the fuses and relays ,ckd the heater in the bottom for short and the wires .fuel pressure is 40 at start at the ck fitting at the bowl .I have used brake cleaner for years it is not as harsh on not compressing ,use just the mist no crack or lock.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ok, well.....have you changed the crankshaft position sensor? thats the last thing i can think of. The truck will start without glow plugs so we dont have to worry about that. search around on here, alot of 7.3s have problems and we usually always get it fixed
Old 11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Premium Member

Can you hear the injectors clicking while cranking? How is the level in the hpop? Could be CPS with intermittent WTS light. If you aren't filling the hpop while cranking, then lpop is suspect.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
ok, well.....have you changed the crankshaft position sensor? thats the last thing i can think of. The truck will start without glow plugs so we dont have to worry about that. search around on here, alot of 7.3s have problems and we usually always get it fixed
I forgot i changed that first ,You can watch the rpms and the pulse width .
Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM

dead ps

Quote:
I forgot i changed that first ,You can watch the rpms and the pulse width .
Old 11-18-2009, 05:42 PM

And no you cant here the injectors on start ,it would not do a buzz test and the oil pressure is at 40 on start and the high pressure was at 550 or 600 on start .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.