01 f550 7.3 no power blue smoke missing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 f550 7.3 no power blue smoke missing

ok guys here i go again!!! 01 7.3 387k miles, i have replaced all injectors uvc and wirring, new icp, new fuel filter housing, changed oil, heres what its doing now, Has a small knock, runs like crap when first started, like its got a cam in it, after it warms up its fine, then there is a spot between 2400 and 3200 it blows blue smoke like u wouldnt believe, "kinda like its turned up but not black BLUE" it will run like this for a little while then it starts to run like its on 3 cylinders and wont pull off the street, checked the oil today and it was a little low filled it back up ran it for about 25 miles and it does this again, after it clears up u can feel the turbo come in and it runs really strong, after shifting thru all the gears "AUTOMATIC" when its in od it gerks skips etc, i have spent almost 2k on parts since i started working on it and now its runnning worce now then when i started, I can start it up and do a contribution test and it shows 3,5,8 cylinders, then i clear the codes restart give it some fuel clear it out and the fault codes dont show again, could i have a bent push rod? ive ran out of $$$ and my truck still wont run and its costing me money every day its down its f550 dynamic repo truck, Gotta get out there and get those late payers or non payers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 PM

sounds like you have low fuel pressure. you should have 60 psi. check it at the schraeder valve at the fuel filter housing.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

there is no schraeder valve at the fuel filter housing this is a 01 model fuel bowl right above the HPOP.....i started it today mild day here it chugged for a few minutes blow a small amount of black smoke out the tailpipe then it smoothed up and turned to blue stinking smoke again! also from the time i turn the key on it takes my fuel pump almost 2 minutes to stop "build pressure?" each and every time i do this, if i turn the truck off from just starting it same thing right at 2 minutes, could the pump be weak? all cylinders contribute the same now no bad injectors, also changed the IDM,and the PCM under the dash. went thru 20 injectors be4 i finally got 8 that didnt come and go on the truck, i have a video of the truck running but i cant seem to get it uploaded to my pc so i could show some of u how it smokes, it is real slow reving from 1500 to redline its got a real lag between it. when its first started in the morning the engine wont rev at all, did a check on the return line to make sure it was free from being clogged air was free to the tank no restricions, blowed air back into the tank, also took the pump line off be4 it gets to the pump and done the same thing, but this blue smoke is killer, never goes away even at idle after it warms up it gets worce, blpw by isnt that bad did the trick of setting oil cap on top unscrewed and it never moved like alot will say if u have major problems it will blow it off, here is a list of stuff i have done in the past month, new injectors,icp,fuel pump,ipr,fuel filter housing,ebp valve, changed the oil,filters,uvcg, i keep getting a code of icp out of range or desired, i have noticed on scanner when driving it the icp goes from 2500 to like 1500 or 1600 jerks really bad in overdrive at low speeds, it has spells of not pulling at all and will not pull itsef off the rd, im about to the point of throwing a cummins in it if this POS doesnt get fixed soon. TIRED OF WORKING ON IT. oh ya and there is no gas in the fuel at all i ran it completly out the othr day just to make sure. please help this thing is driving me nuts.

Last edited by tanner towing; 11-15-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 PM

well if your icp is dropping from 2500 to 1500 you have either an injector "O" ring leaking, high pressure pump going bad, or a loose IPR valve...your high pressure lines going to the oil supply manifolds are they threaded or quick release fitting, if they are threaded you can get a 5000 psi gauge and test your high pressure pump to see how much pressure it is putting out. or possibly check with you local Ford or International dealer and have them "dead head" the pump for you. i have a feeling that's where you will find your problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.