Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2001 powerstroke suddenly started running rough and blowing blueish smoke while idlin

826 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  5industries 
#1 ·
Please help me figure out what just happened. My 2001 f350 was high idling for 5 minutes as it was warming up...then it started to run rough and blowing blueish white smoke and sounding funny. I scanned it and I am getting p1271 "code cylinder #1 high to low side open " and p1298 " injector driver module failure ". I'm not sure where to start..also when I ran cct... I got p0269 and p0284 codes... any ideas?

#2 ·
Do you have a performance chip installed? The codes you are getting are typical with a chip. I get all these codes every time I scan it. What kind of mileage on the truck? Sounds to me that you have 1 or 2 injectors on the way out. Does it get better after driving when its at operating temp?

#3 ·
I'd be looking at the UVCH connections. After it's sat and gotten Cold again, start it and keep it running for like 30-45seconds. Shut down and go feel the exhaust manifolds with your hand (over the top of the ft tires).

See if you can find an entire side much colder than the other, indicating the injectors aren't firing there (might have to do it more than once to get the ideal temp in them for noticing)...

#4 ·
I would check the connectors going to the injectors. I was told I needed to replace injectors with your same symptoms and when I inspected the injectors I noticed the pins in the connectors were not making a connection and were corroded. I just cleaned the pins in the connector and pinched the female pin so it connected onto the male pin in the connector better. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.