Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New motor NO Start HELP!

750 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  forddieseldoctor 
#1 ·
I have a 00 F350 7.3, after installing a new motor i cannot get the truck to start i am a gasoline engine builder by trade new to diesels any ideas where to start. motor turns over and over but no start. is there a way to oil prime the high pressure pump for the injectors, could this be the problem. i scanned the truck with my edge box and it came back no trouble codes.

#2 ·
could be that or air in the fuel system

#3 ·
how long have you been cranking on it. Usually a dry oil system takes a few minutes of cranking after the oil pressure gauge jumps up. just remember to let your starter cool abot 2 or 3 minutes after about 30 seconds of cranking.

#6 ·
If you crank until the oil pressure gauge comes up and reads oil pressure then it's filling the hpop reservoir. I like to let the truck fill it's own because that way I know it's filtered oil and that I'm not going to induce any dirt into the high pressure oil system.

Do you have a scan tool that you can monitor the datastream with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.