Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2005 6.0 5-8 lbs of boost, no power, loud whooshing noise?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bossten1 
#1 ·
I was driving my truck tonight while pulling my 28' trailer. All of a sudden I heard a load whooshing noise. I thought it was my tires running over water on the road since it was raining. The whooshing noise is constant while under a load. Then I noticed that I was only seeing about 5 lbs of boost. I thought that I blew a boot loose but they looked fine. I had to unhook my trailer and limp home. I did not see any smoke since it was dark and raining. I have noticed that my truck has a light haze of smoke on start up while idling for a few days.

I have a Spearco intercooler, FCDP EGR delete, studs and IDP tow brake tune on the truck. It has 43,000 miles on it. I had head gasket and studs done 3,000 miles ago.

I pulled the air filter and was able to see the turbo spinning freely. I shut the engine off and it continued to spool down like normal. To top it off I had to get my brother in law's Duramax to haul my trailer.

Are my veins sticking on the turbo? My truck has not had any codes pop up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My dealer is an hour and a half away and very slow to work on trucks. I need this truck this weekend.

#4 · (Edited)
Whoosh!! Just so it's easy for Someone to find !
Coming back from the lake the other day pulling a heavy toy hauler I got the ever so common "whoosh". After checking turbo boots and connections ect . After a bunch of reading on this site" thank you all" and referred to the outbound cold side or driver side plastic intercooler tube under air filter assembly sure as **** I also had the cracked plastic pos tube right in the flex joint ."bottom side " just like everyone describes . After 2 days of research I too decided to order ford part #6c3z6c640aa which is the updated metal version that comes with 2 boots 2 clamps and new metal designed tube. Tousley ford aka autonation ford white bear lake parts. Well I just hope someone who needs this info comes across it like I did. Btw ,I shopped around and tousley beat everyone in price including shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.