Ford Won't Warranty Blown up Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford Won't Warranty Blown up Diesel

Got a call yesterday from Ford after them having my truck for 1.5 months saying that they have pulled my motor apart and have sent an auditor to look at it and he determined that there is dirt ingestion in the motor and it is not covered by warranty. PROBLEM: Motor has a broke ring on a piston that tore up a cylinder wall on 1 cylinder only and I mean took a chunk out of the wall about the size of half a dime. The other cylinders in the motor look beautiful. Service manager and Technician are both fighting Ford but Ford says we only go by what the auditor says. The service manager made me take pictures of everything and said get an attorney and that Ford is trying to screw you. Needless to say that in the past year my truck has been in the shop 9 times all for the same reason and they could never fix the problem till they finally pulled the motor apart this time and found the problem. So my question is what do you do??? I mean I already contacted an attorney but what do i do about a vehicle for the next year in a lawsuit. Any way to get Ford to come to there senses?? I mean it is truly a black and White broke part problem. Sorry for the long detail just trying to set the story straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
sue them for as much as you can get. and a 2011 superduty on top of it lol. we had some problems with ford warrantys too and they ended up coming to their senses. but just get an attorney for starters.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 AM

I work for a ford dealer and this is correct.The auditor has the final say but it up to them to prove how the dirt got in there.If you have an aftermarket intake and such
it will be tough.Try ford customer service and get them involved.Good luck.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:37 AM

Goolge class action lawsuits against ford in regards to the 6.0, so to answer your qustion, will ford come to their senses?, I would have to guess no, they wont
Old 10-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys and i am trying to understand this but as for the truck no it does not have an aftermarket intake on it. It is all stock. There is a huge amount of oil in the intake tube before the turbo where it is sucking it out of the motor due to the broken ring. In that oil is some dust and dirt particulate... Of course it is going to show dirt in the intake as it will stick there because of the oil. Ther is no other dirt found anywhere else just there and this is what they are basing there dirt ingestion on. Just dont get how they can see a broken piston ring and a scored up cylinder and blame it on oil and dust in the intake tube.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ohh sorry and by the way Ford motor company customer service has been involved and they do nothing. Some lady representative that says i know nothing about motors i just read the reports and relay the info back and forth.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:47 AM

Is the dealership trying to bill you for the work thay have done so far?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No not at all The general manager of service said he has been doing this for 18 years and he agrees with me 100 percent. He told me that he was embarassed to have to tell me ford wouldnt warranty a motor that has a broken piston ring and gouged cylinder due to dirt ingestion. they are standing behind me telling me to get attorneys or do whatever I need (they are helping in the guiding proccess) to make ford pay for this. They arent asking me for a dime...
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
Hopefully your lawyer is good enough, many years ago my dad had a problem with Toyota and his lawyer got him a replacement car, brand new, within 3 weeks. that car had a problem and he got all his money back, plus alittle extra
Old 10-07-2009, 12:24 PM

who has been doing the PM's on your truck? I guess what I'm getting at is that is that stupid a** says it due to dirt ingestion, lol-only one cylinder got the dirt, you could file a claim against goofy lube or whoever? for improperly installing the air filter-intake hose and causing this damage. unless you've done your own maint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.