really high egts and low boost - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
really high egts and low boost

Ok this is what happened. I changed from stock exhaust to 4 in turbo back and now my egts are 200 degrees higher on average and my boots went down drastically. the most boost i get is 8 pounds. The turbo has been recently changed (about 4 or 5 months ago). I have checked the up pipe gaskets and don'T see any leaks. the exhaust is silverline with a performance muffler. tried taking muffler off, didn't do anything. I can't keep driving it because if i get on it or tow the egts shoot straight up, 1400 degrees, and i know thats bad so i come off it immediatly. need some help i work out of this truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 04 with a 6.0. On my truck there is a vacuum line coming off the intake that goes to a pressure sensor. when I had that line off my truck could not go 25 up a slight incline. If you have that line, try pulling the line off and see if it changes anything, you may have a bad sensor, or maybe a bad vacuum line.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i'll check that, anyone else have any clue. i'm not saying the exhaust is what caused it, but it either made it worse or just happened at the same time. I can hear alot of blowing air when i step on it but I can't feel any leaks when it is idling in the exh, or in the intake boots. the intercooler wouldn't have sprung a leak would it? just grasping at straws here, don't really know how to trouble shoot this.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

here's my codes guys, sorry i didn't think to pull them sooner.
P0113 intake air temp circuit high input
P0475 exhaust pressure control vcalve error.(if this is the one to make ur engine warm up faster in the winter, I've got it unplugged.)
P0603 Internal Control Mod Kam Error. (thinks this is from the superchip)
Old 09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

figured it out. I didn't hook up the ebpv on my turbo when i had it rebuilt a few months ago. the flap was staying open and not allowing it to boost correctly. i guess the stock exhaust was restrictive enough that it wasn't so noticable. Drives much better than before and boosts alot faster. Maybe this will help someone else one day.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it was sticking close or open? i cut mine out on both turbos ive owned and had no probs....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.