Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Nightmare No start
I am going to try and keep this short but I am having a problem (or a few) with my truck. I have 2005 F-350 6.0L diesel with about 205,000 miles on it. Last Saturday I went to start my truck and it would crank, sound like it's going to start, and nothing. I tried for a little bit and finally with some help from starter fluid (I know, big no no) got it to start. Worked fine for the rest of the day turning off and starting, no problems. Sunday morning go out to start it and nothing, hasn't started since. I replaced the fuel filters and the batteries about 2 weeks ago. Got it up to a diesel shop the other day. This morning they called and said: No codes, HPOP looks good (I was sweating that one) fuel pressure good. No clues. After lunch they called me back and said they got some codes.
The codes are:
P0611 FICM death code
P0336 all three CMP codes
He said he reset the codes and only got the CMP codes back. Here are my questions:
1. If the FICM was dead why would I be able to get it started on Sat and the code not showing up again?
2. I have been told that the bad CMP codes could be from a bad FICM and they are fine?
3. If the CMP is bad would the Crankshaft sensor be bad also?
4. I really don't want to start throwing money at this truck but should I replace the CMP to see if that starts it?
5. What else could be wrong?
Thanks everyone for your help, I am at a loss.