Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

modern jump boxes

758 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
(This may be the wrong section to post this, i apologize in advance if so.)

Anyone ever used one of these new, quite expensive jump boxes? and will they actually start a diesel?

http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-UltraSafe-Lithium-Starter/dp/B016UG6PWE/ref=lp_318336011_1_4/176-8825636-6064139?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1462285345&sr=1-4

Above is an amazon link to one i found, thats quite pricey but it supposed to jump up to 6L diesels. My dad wants a nice jump box, so im considering buying him one for fathers day, if i get some positive feedback from other diesel owners. My heart is not set on the one above by ANY means, but it is one of the few i have found that actually mentions starting a diesel engine in its description. Post links to other good ones if any of you have first hand experience.

#2 ·
I don't trust any of them... Just be alert on what you are doing and don't drain your batteries

Here is a good review of them... Some special language is used in the filming, lol

#3 ·
that dude is not work safe haha.

Jump boxes are cool, ONLY if you have a dead battery and no other issues.

The newer trucks with all computer driven components are not jump box friendly IMO because there is just enough current to get the system to wake and fire the engine... but then everything is starving for current until the Alt kicks in... then the alt struggles trying to run on dead batteries...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.