No start after HPOP replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start after HPOP replacement

Hey everyone.

My brother in laws 02 7.3l had a stripped plug on the hpop so he changed the hpop out with a remanned one. He hasnt been able to get the truck restarted since changing the pump. Ive never replaced one before, but I assume theres probably some form of procedure like priming the oil in the injection system or something to that effect that he wasnt aware of. Could someone please enlighten me on what advice I can give him on what he needs to check and do? He did say that the hpop reservoir is full for what its worth. Also, I dont have hands on on the truck as Im stationed up here in Philly and they live back home in TX. Id really like to figure out what he needs to do as his truck is his, my sisters, and my nephews only means of transportation. Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM

payne5757-First of nice Banshee and Fox. I got one of each myself. As for your brother in laws truck they are fairly strait forward. If the oil reservoir is full then check to make sure the Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) connector is fully seated in the solenoid. Also check to ensure it is properly installed. The IPR screws into the pump on the drivers side and has a 2 wire plug that connects to the solenoid. The IPR comes in 4 pieces. First the body screw into the pump housing. Second the solenoid slides on. Third goes a spacer and last the lock nut that looks like a cheap stamped piece of sheet metal. If all those look okay then tell him to unplug his Injection Control Pressure sensor (ICP) located on the drivers side cylinder head. It's located about 4-5 inches from the front and has a wire connector plugged into the top of the sensor. With the ICP unplugged the PCM defaults setting the ICP to a standard 750psi and raises the IPR duty cycle. If it starts with the ICP unplugged it is a ICP sensor or connector issue. If it does not start it is most likely a IPR of high pressure oil pump issue. Also ensure the bolt at the front of the pump that holds the drive gear for the pump is tight.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

Thx CaDieselGuy. Ill relay the info to him and hopefully it will help diagnose the problem. I

If anyone else has any other ideas, please let me know.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Serving Our Country!

Anyone have any more ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.