2005 6.0 No Start this A.M. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 6.0 No Start this A.M.

Three weeks ago CEL code was low voltage to #7, cleared it, one week later CEL again code was low voltage to all 8 injectors. Truck never missed, smoked, spudered or lacked power. Last Thursday morning it cranked up but was loping and would not accelerate, let it warm up for 2 or 3 mins. then it ran like a camp. No CEL since the monday before. Started fine everyday since until today, no start. The only thing that was the same both mornings was the temperture. I live in Texas so summer is still here but this A.M. and the other day temps were mid 50 in the A.M.. Rmp gauge was working during cranking. Cranked at it 10-15 min on and off this A.M. battery were still hot.

Also have a 1999 7.3 (350,000k) which does the same thing, just thought it was old and tired, but it sounds like the same problem. Help me fix the 2005 6.0 and maybe I can dust off the 1999 7.3 and fix it also. thanks scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

UPDATE

Replaced Fuel Injector Control Module that my wrecking yard buddy let me try AND Presto. Runs like the champ I remember.......

Hope this thread can help others with the 6.ooooohhhhhs
Old 09-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA View Post
UPDATE

Replaced Fuel Injector Control Module that my wrecking yard buddy let me try AND Presto. Runs like the champ I remember.......

Hope this thread can help others with the 6.ooooohhhhhs
AAA- I would recommend first check your charging system voltage. FICM's often fail due to low battery supply voltage. Cold temperatures make this concern more evident due to extended glow plug "on" times. With the engine at Idle you should have at least 13.6v at the alternator post. Low battery or charging voltage can adversely effect power to the FICM mpwr led. MPWR led should have 48v running. Also I would recommend taking the truck to your local Ford dealer and have them reprogram your pcm, ficm and tcm to the latest calibration because it has some helpful cold start and performance enhancements. Also by reprogramming those modules you ensure that all the calibrations between the modules work together. There are countless numbers of calibrations for a 6.0L depending on multiple factors.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks CaDieselGuy I will take your advise.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.