2006 F-250 Powerstroke Weird noise under hood and sluggish rpm at start up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 12:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 F-250 Powerstroke Weird noise under hood and sluggish rpm at start up

I have a 2006 F-250 6.0 Does anyone know what this could be. There are 2 fuel pumps on the 2006 powerstroke right one frame mounted and the other underhood right. Well usually when the motor is cold i hear both running when truck is priming to start, and then once warm it just has the frame mounted one making noise when priming. But lately i havent heard the underhood one when its cold only sometimes. Then sometimes I hear it (underhood pump) when its idleing or when i come to a stop as it comes to an idle. i just changed the fuel filters to see if that would help but no, i have changed the filters at 9000 miles and now at 16,500. always motorcraft It seems to have a louder idle now but I guess its just because its about 10-15 degrees up here in the morning when I am leaving for work at 5:30am, or I am just hearing things. It still has the performance. i have a AFR stage 2 intake, Magnaflow dual no cat or muffler, and the accufab power elbow. No computer mods ever. And I always plug in when its that cold HELP Also I remember it starting like a champ, it would crank and then come up quick in rpm to about 1000 then slowly fall back to idle, But now it cranks and slowly climbs up to idle but never above when starting. May sound wierd but it doesnt have that quick vroom sound when it initially starts, it more sluggish vrooooooom then its at idle.

Last edited by 1997F350bully; 02-20-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.