Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Abs Light

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  straycat 
#1 ·
how can i reset this annoying ABS light on a 2001 PSD f250? i dont have an abs scanner, but someone told me there was a series i could follow to shut off the trouble code without doing it with a computer scanner. thanks

#2 ·
you cant just "reset" the light. If the light is on...there is something not right with the abs system and the light will not go off till that problem is fixed. You need a scanner to figure out what is going on.

There are a few things you can check yourself though...if your cruise is inop...and or your speedo doesnt work...there is a good chance its your rear diff speed sensor. If those are not the case....then the most common other cause is one of the front speed sensors if you have four wheel ABS....inspect the wiring that runs to the speed sensors on the front tires close to see if there is any damage....without a scanner though...thats about all you can do....

#6 ·
Welcome to the Forum Superman, It's a great place to get the info you need, and lots of helpful people here willing to give a hand when you need it. good luck with your problem

Gord.

#8 ·
That's what were all here for, everybody tries to help everybody else as best we can, and if we can't, we'll give you moral support hahaha.

Gord.

#10 ·
hahaha always does, at least for me anyways.

Gord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.