2005 6.0 with no boost and overboost/ with intake backfire - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 6.0 with no boost and overboost/ with intake backfire

2005 6.0 with no boost and overboost/ with intake backfire

Ok I am new here and have search the web and your site and cannot find a solution to my problem. I will try to explain the best I can.

A year ago my 2005 6.0 F250 turbo started to overboost ( to 40 on the gauge) and then back fire or gasp for air as I let off the pedal . Shortly after I had no bost at all flat. What suck is that I was in colorado and I couldn't gut up the hills. I stopped and let cool / removed the battery terminals. After doing this the turbo started to work again. So I took it to a dealer and they couldn't reproduce the problem but rebuilt the turbo under warranty. The day I pick it up and drove of the lot. IT DID THE SAME THING. I wonder if they did anything. so turned around and took it back. So they replaced the turbo and I went on my way. A week later IT DID IT AGAIN! So screw that dealer.

I call another and explaind the problem to them. They were able to reproduce the problem but didn't know what would cause it. So they decided to replace the turbo... Again. and it worked. Problem gone until summer came again.

So here I am with this 6.0 that wants to chew up and spit out turbos. I know how a turbo works but I really dont think the turbo is bad. I feel either I have a sensor issue, sucking air some where, intercooler might have oil in it , or my fuel pump is not applying the right pressure.

The truck it is stock. in 06 for reprogrammmed the PCM why I dont know. And I have a new turbo with 20,00 miles on it. The total miles on truck are 124,000. I have NO check engine lights. and I only get 15 MPG..

WHAT IS WRONG PLEEEEAAASSSEEE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any advise would be great. If I dont find a solution soon I might just ditch the heck out of her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Still looking for some advise.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got an error code today. P2262 ---No Boost detected. Does any one have a clue what is going on?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Powerstroke Techie

What are your MAP/BARO/EBP readings at key-on/engine-off? A P2262 by itself tells me either the MAP sensor hose has blown off the intake or you have a plugged converter. Does the engine free rev to 3800 RPM when you hold the accelerator to the floor?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

AANot sure on the reading I used the local auto parts store reader. The map sensor is on and not blown off. the engine does free rev.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you may have in problem with you wastgate i think that is what ford calls them. but anyways it is in the middle of the trubo and controles the boost. and if that is bad it may be you problem. dont quote me on this as i have not looked at the truck for myself but that is what i would look at.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I ran into the same problem this week with a 6.0 It was popping and pushing air back through the intake. I took the turbo apart and the unison ring and vanes had seized up. Cleaned the vanes, ring, and housing and still had the same problem. Got to thinking what would be damaged from seized up vanes.... the VGT solenoid. The oil-actuated solenoid that moves the vanes. Replaced the solenoid and problem solved. Also the solenoid does not come with a new turbo. They probably only replaced the turbo and not the solenoid. A Ford tech can access the VGT PID and control the servo while watching the solenoid. The solenoid can be changed in 30 mins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.