ESS G2G #1 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ESS G2G #1

Date: June 13th
Place: Gratwick Park, North Tondawanada NY
Time: 6pm - ???

Last edited by Tj Krawler; 05-24-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 AM

We can still change the date/place/time if necessary. I put in my request off yesterday.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 AM

I will for one not go to a BWW, due to their stance on concealed carrying. I refuse to spend any money there.

However, the date and time are fine with me!

Say's it's 2 hours from me.... hmmmm. Is everyone planning on driving out and then heading back home after? Anyone going to get a hotel? I mean even if I only hang out for 2 hours, I'm not getting home til 10pm. Not terrible, but 4 hours of driving to hang out for 2 hours. I'll have to think about this one.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
I will for one not go to a BWW, due to their stance on concealed carrying. I refuse to spend any money there.

However, the date and time are fine with me!

Say's it's 2 hours from me.... hmmmm. Is everyone planning on driving out and then heading back home after? Anyone going to get a hotel? I mean even if I only hang out for 2 hours, I'm not getting home til 10pm. Not terrible, but 4 hours of driving to hang out for 2 hours. I'll have to think about this one.
I was unaware of that. I agree with not spending money there. I'm sure others are going to feel the same way.

To get more time, we could start earlier? I'm planning on driving back home. We could do two smaller G2Gs, one for each side of the state... I'm open to ideas. Until then, I'll try to find a new place.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

4.5 hours one way i hope there is somewhere to stay up that way.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj Krawler View Post
Finally got a date and place picked out.

Date: Saturday 4/14
Place: (Changing, if you have an idea, let me know) Buffalo Wild Wings - 1612 Clark Street Auburn, NY 13021
Time: 6pm-???

It's pretty well centered between the majority of us. It's about 2.5 hours from us on the western side and 2-3 for everyone else. It's about 4 hours for those down by NYC. I've been to our local location a few times and the food has been good.

I'll get there about an hour early to make sure we don't get there with the dinner crowd and have to wait an hour. I will try to get some sort of a door prize. Not sure what it will be yet. Between now and then I will get pricing on shirts/hats/other stuff so if anyone wants to order any I can bring it down. Hopefully I'll have pricing up within a week.

If you're planning on going post how many others are coming with you so I can get a count before we go.

Tj Krawler (Alan) +1
That sounds good been there before BASS PRO SHOPS! across the street! before 6 would be better though, hopefully i can get up there
Old 02-06-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdoxa View Post
4.5 hours one way i hope there is somewhere to stay up that way.
There are a few hotels in the area. Super 8 starts at $55 ($62 with tax) for that night. Holiday Inn starts at $115.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roche837 View Post
That sounds good been there before BASS PRO SHOPS! across the street! before 6 would be better though, hopefully i can get up there
I didn't see there was a Bass Pro until today. Definitely going to stop there. We were supposed to get one in Buffalo but the city seems to drive away business.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 AM

Count me in! I'll be driving back to Buffalo as well, might have a race to go to on Sunday, all depending.

I am sure there is something else there in that town we can all go to instead of BWW.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 AM

Does anyone have any land around that we could do a bonfire/beers and put some tents up? That seems more logical than everyone driving for a few hours to get food/drink beers and then have to drive home... just throwing it out there. Even if we don't do that this time, it's something to think about for the nicer weather too. We could do a BBQ/party somewhere.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub707 View Post
Does anyone have any land around that we could do a bonfire/beers and put some tents up? That seems more logical than everyone driving for a few hours to get food/drink beers and then have to drive home... just throwing it out there. Even if we don't do that this time, it's something to think about for the nicer weather too. We could do a BBQ/party somewhere.
As far as your idea for that. I know of a race track near Albany where it free to camp and they really don't care what you do. If that's interesting to you guys I'll get more info when the schedule when it comes out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.