edge cts attitude/juice issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Edge Products Edge Productsl

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge cts attitude/juice issue

Hey guys, ive got a slight issue with my edge cts attitude/juice tuner

if i go anywhere near water it will just cut out

if i go through a small water crossing any deeper then half up the wheels the truck will just cut out and will only crank, the connections have no water in them and all seals are still there, and when it stalls, i can unplug the crank sensor, icp sensor and the sensor under the turbo/intake manifold and replug the ford harness in (making the edge useless) and it will fire up and run fine even with water over the bonnet, no water or moisture gets on the module which is mounted up as high as possible on the firewall when it stops, after a few hours i can plug it in and all will be fine till next time,

just wondering if you have heard of this issue before or if there any way of fixing it, have used electrical grease on all connectors but it still happens,

also how safe is it to use the "extreme" setting, could you use it all the time or only every no and then

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey Aussie! Glad to see someone using PSD's back home. My guess is that the Edge is picking up something the trucks computer is not. Maybe water in some lower connection that the edge might be more sensitive to. My cousins over there stopped using Fords because the water was shorting out the electrics on the 4x4. Just my thought, but I'm not too familiar with electrics and tuners yet. Good luck with it mate!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddawg89 View Post
Hey Aussie! Glad to see someone using PSD's back home. My guess is that the Edge is picking up something the trucks computer is not. Maybe water in some lower connection that the edge might be more sensitive to. My cousins over there stopped using Fords because the water was shorting out the electrics on the 4x4. Just my thought, but I'm not too familiar with electrics and tuners yet. Good luck with it mate!
cheers mate, ive been over all electrics i can find and hit them with electrical grease but yeah, just seems a bit wierd that as soon as i unplug it thats its not phased at all, im new to the whole tuner/diesel thing aswell, coming from a nissan patrol diesel that has no computers at all haha
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nissan Patrol, nice! (of course pronounced Niss-san, not neesan like they say here....) I would love to have a Toyota Hilux diesel over here! Hope you get it worked out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.