Plumbing Aux Tank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Plumbing Aux Tank

So I picked up a 55 gallon aux tank for my truck, and I'm trying to figure out how to plumb it in to gravity feed to the stock tank. Northern tool sells a kit from RDS that has a float check valve and plumbs right in to the stock fuel filler line. My concern is that their website states that it only works on 2000 and up models for this truck. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or does anyone know if the early 99 had a different fuel filler setup? I know some of the older trucks had the vent and filler in one hose, is this the case with the e99? I don't want to buy the kit if I have to engineer the solution anyways. Thanks for looking and for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've run all my trucks like this for 20 years... 1/4" hose from the side of the L tank, weld a fitting into the filler neck and run it there. I install a valve just in case but never have any issues.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

It seems like with that setup gravity would have the aux tank filling the stock tank until fuel came out the filler nozzle because the aux tank sits higher than the filler nozzle. What stops it from dumping diesel if the shut-off valve is open?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Serving Our Country!

I'm going to give it a shot like you said, but with a normally closed/energize open solenoid valve. I'm also considering running about 10 pounds of air to the top of the aux tank controlled with a regulator and a solenoid valve to speed up the transfer. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.